Sonic Youth sign to Matador (1 Viewer)

It's a return to form...Best album since Daydream Nation... blah blah blah...

It's annoying the way they've split their experimental and rock sides so neatly down the middle.
I don't like either so much anymore. Preferred it when they were both.

That said, that song is okay.

It's annoying the way they've split their experimental and rock sides so neatly down the middle.

Totally agree. I was hoping that the move from a major label but allow them to do both ..... then again, there's enough Sonic Youth records in the world now isn't there?

Hmmm, Rather Ripped and Nurse were quite bland really, maybe 2 standouts on each but no more... Murray St was the last album that I really liked, but each one since essentially sounds the same.

THey're too old/content to be singing that 'Society Is A Hole' by now I suppose.. :confused:

That said, that song is okay.
Agreed on both counts - still, the album might be good.

Heard the new album this morning - some really really good stuff on it. Really impressive overall. They played a new track called "What We Know" on Jools Holland last night - excellent tune!

Listened to it today and it sounded good too, although i thought rather ripped was a a good enough album

Thumped in prejudgment shocker.

I'm going to dismiss the album before I've even heard it too!

Tommy Tiernan was on David Letterman the same night as Sonic Youth and said he didn't know their music but that they looked like a bunch of aul fellas in teenagers clothes.
Says it all really.

they repeated Jools Holland from new years on telly last night. Sonic Youth were on it.

Did anyone see it? Anyone know what those songs were they played? On in particular was deadly and I didn't recognise it. Maybe it was new.

Tommy Tiernan was on David Letterman the same night as Sonic Youth and said he didn't know their music but that they looked like a bunch of aul fellas in teenagers clothes.
Says it all really.

Thurston Moore is 50.

He did a gig in Tripod last year, he was very good.

On BBC 2 at 10PM? That was new, they were just talking about New Year's in relation to Lily Allen :heart: having been on the NYE episode.

ah ok, thanks for that. I took it up wrong.

Agreed about Lily Allen. She looks great. And that song was so nice, if a little rude. About her man being no good in the scratcher.

I'll go google. I might find out the song names.

Did anyone see it? Anyone know what those songs were they played? On in particular was deadly and I didn't recognise it. Maybe it was new.

The Sonic Youth tune on Jools Holland last night is called "What We Know"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back