Restaurant Recommendations (2 Viewers)

just one of them, they are all cuntz, dishin out manky overpriced diner food that should be half the price. jayses, how much is it for two eggs these days?

Its funny how much of a difference some pleasant service can make. The waitress who is normally there in the afternoon is extremely nice but then there is one in the evening who is as stuck up as hell. I swear, she was looking down her nose at us as she described the specials to us and then treated our questions with disgust - they were perfectly reasonable questions. I've never failed to have a good meal there in the afternoon, but in the evening I've always left with a bad taste in my mouth - and not from the food.

Its funny how much of a difference some pleasant service can make. The waitress who is normally there in the afternoon is extremely nice but then there is one in the evening who is as stuck up as hell. I swear, she was looking down her nose at us as she described the specials to us and then treated our questions with disgust - they were perfectly reasonable questions. I've never failed to have a good meal there in the afternoon, but in the evening I've always left with a bad taste in my mouth - and not from the food.

yeah, service matters

I remember getting disdainful looks from music shop employees when I used to go in buying records while wearing a suit.

Rhodes D7 for me. I've been impressed (with the food, not with the place at all) every time I've been there but I think someone in this thread said they're fairly shit with big groups. Still, could be worse.

was in whatevers on the ground floor of the cedar tree on saturday for christmas dinner. was nice enough - lebanese food, plenty of olives and gazillions of little bowls of goo and sauce. the lebanese-style coffees were disappointing though, not right at all.

we're going to town bar and grill. Hooha!
and I am unicorning tomorrow.

dax is totally tropical.
amazing food.

went to balzac on friday for my girlfriends graduation.
had the crab creme brulee to start. the pickled cucumbers served with it were incredible.
rib eye steak for mains.
gorgeous restaurant.

my ex is getting brought to chapter one for his graduation in a few weeks. tis far from michelin stars i ever was at graduations :(

Guilbauds was rated as one of Dublin's top restaurants but everyone I know who's been there (paid for by work as they'd never be able to afford it out of their own pockets) says that it's not worth it. Apparently the food is overrated and you're likely to get the same if not better meals at other places in Dublin.

we're going to town bar and grill. Hooha!
and I am unicorning tomorrow.
Have you been to The Unicorn yet? I found it totally overrated - last time, I had some rack of lamb which I could have done better myself, and their pasta dishes were rubbish. Lemme know if they've got any better.

Most recently been to Les Fréres Jacques. Really good, had oysters to start, then roast duck breast, and the best creme brulée I've ever had. Their set lunch and dinner menus seem great value, too. Only thing was they didn't have bone marrow as a starter - anyone know where to get that here?

Have you been to The Unicorn yet? I found it totally overrated - last time, I had some rack of lamb which I could have done better myself, and their pasta dishes were rubbish. Lemme know if they've got any better.

I was in Unicorn last year for a work lunch and I totally agree with you. It's full of pretentious gobshites and the seating is so close together that it's uncomfortable and cacophonous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back