Restaurant Recommendations (1 Viewer)

To be honest complaints nos 1 to 4 are inadmissable as you should never do a number two in a strange toilet. I only do no 2s at home, work or in a hotel room where i am staying.

none of these irritants?

1) No toilet seat
2) Cigarette burns on seat
3) No toilet roll
4) Wet toilet roll
5) Blocked toilet
6) No lightbulb
7) Busted / no lock and too difficult to hold door with hand

None, they even have arms on the toilets for extra comfort/support.

I had brunch (oh la-di-da) at the mermaid on sunday. Nggbbblltthh, if you're looking for a gorgeous fry, you have it here. About €15 though, but has those big flat mushrooms (portobello I think) black pudding, sausage, streaky bacon, parma ham, fried egg, beef tomatoes. A bit healther than your usual fair. A lovely treat of a sunday.

few of us went to saba last sunday night.
the food in there is great if you're into thai, atmosphere is a bit too new dublin but the service is good.
second time ive been in there and again was told that they'd need the table back by half eight.
i know they wanna get people in for the 2nd sitting but ye cant book most of the time and that prick of a maitre d' slammed our bill down without us asking for it whilst we were having coffee.
not into that.
if a restaurant tells you they need the table back by a certain time can you go over that or can they move you to another table even if you havnt finished you're meal?

I had brunch (oh la-di-da) at the mermaid on sunday. Nggbbblltthh, if you're looking for a gorgeous fry, you have it here. About €15 though, but has those big flat mushrooms (portobello I think) black pudding, sausage, streaky bacon, parma ham, fried egg, beef tomatoes. A bit healther than your usual fair. A lovely treat of a sunday.

mermaid brunch == best in dublin, imo. they also do a mean eggs florentine.

i am becoming quite the fan of the fry in kennedy's in fairview too. though it is very small, so none of you feckers are to start going there and taking up all the tables.

thanks Ro.

any idea what time the place opens?

the food in there is great if you're into thai, atmosphere is a bit too new dublin but the service is good.
second time ive been in there and again was told that they'd need the table back by half eight.
i know they wanna get people in for the 2nd sitting but ye cant book most of the time and that prick of a maitre d' slammed our bill down without us asking for it whilst we were having coffee.
not into that.
if a restaurant tells you they need the table back by a certain time can you go over that or can they move you to another table even if you havnt finished you're meal?

I missed out on a free lunch in there today on account of being too hungover to move. :eek:

They can do fuck! TELL THEM TO GO FUCK THEMSELVES! What are they gonna do .. call the cops? PRICKS.

also fuck yo shitzi in dundrum. aya kicks the HOELLL off it for conveyor-sushi

also fuck yo shitzi in dundrum. aya kicks the HOELLL off it for conveyor-sushi

aye (-a), it's not bad at all. haven't tried the dundrum one, mind.

tragically (well, not so tragically) i am going to japan on sunday, where i suspect i may be SPOILED FOR LIFE for most other sushi. feel free to kill me if you ever hear me braying about how anything is "not as good as the stuff i got in a little place in kyoto". etc. etc.

aye (-a), it's not bad at all. haven't tried the dundrum one, mind.

tragically (well, not so tragically) i am going to japan on sunday, where i suspect i may be SPOILED FOR LIFE for most other sushi. feel free to kill me if you ever hear me braying about how anything is "not as good as the stuff i got in a little place in kyoto". etc. etc.

no, that's fine. No sushi I have tried here is as good as the stuff I got in a little place in Kyoto - enjoy it! Japan is awemazing.

not into that.

it's weird that the staff are dressed so fancy and still manage to be pretty rude. lots of lovely veggie options but the atmosphere's pretty scary.

re: aya, it's such a pity that they rarely have anything vegetarian other than edamame on the conveyor belt. they'll make it up for you, but impulse-eating is half the attraction, right?

oh, and on a less classy note, anyone tried the pizza place beside abrakebabra on harcourt road? it looks tasty but i pass it in the mornings and haven't made the effort to go back yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back