Restaurant Recommendations (1 Viewer)

did you love the way half the stuff is 'crazy' this and 'crazy' that. they also love their flying fish roe in there too :p

The Hop House is great. Have they introduced their "Irish Breakfast Rolls" yet? They were marked down as "coming soon" last time I was in there.

Spotted in Lidl yesterday: frozen sushi. !bog

I was in the Saddle Room of the Shelbourne last night and it was only gorgeous, never been before. We'd booked one of the private dining rooms.

The service was faultless and just great. To start i had the seafood platter with lobster tail, mussels, prawns and oysters (didn't have the guts to try the oysters though) and it was all gorgeous. My main was pepper crusted vension cooked medium rare which was just perfection...I ate it all up and I normally try not to (so as not to look like a savage to my colleagues) but this time I ate it all and left nothing on the plate. Dessert was a yule log cake which was lovely.

The xmas menu there (which we were on) was 75 euro a head but because someone else was paying for it I went for the seafood platter to start with which was an extra 22 euro.

I can't recommend it enough.

The Hop House is great. Have they introduced their "Irish Breakfast Rolls" yet? They were marked down as "coming soon" last time I was in there.

haha. i did indeed see that on the menu. idea of it kinda made me want to vom but. seaweed rolls stuffed with irish breakfast stuff? no thanks.......

I was in the Saddle Room of the Shelbourne last night and it was only gorgeous, never been before. We'd booked one of the private dining rooms.

The service was faultless and just great. To start i had the seafood platter with lobster tail, mussels, prawns and oysters (didn't have the guts to try the oysters though) and it was all gorgeous. My main was pepper crusted vension cooked medium rare which was just perfection...I ate it all up and I normally try not to (so as not to look like a savage to my colleagues) but this time I ate it all and left nothing on the plate. Dessert was a yule log cake which was lovely.

The xmas menu there (which we were on) was 75 euro a head but because someone else was paying for it I went for the seafood platter to start with which was an extra 22 euro.

I can't recommend it enough.

butbutbutbut ... oysters are yummy! you should try the oysters next time!

that all sounds excellent.

I dunno. I would try them but the thought of going on a boozy night (I'd had champagne, gin and tonics and mojitos...) I mean if anything was going to make me vomit it'd be the oysters....

I loved the smell of the sea off them...but it wouldn't be so appealing coming back up...

I think the unanimous verdict on Dax is WOW.

Amazing. And the service! Fantabulous. Unobtrusive but totally attentive, and you don't have to ask for anything twice. There were 12 of us and all the orders were timed just right, which surprised me less than the fact that I'm so used to orders not being timed properly that I was pleasantly surprised.

Lovely, light and flavourful salad, then a gorgeous slab of sea bass with saffron potatoes, and delicious chocolate fondant for dessert. I managed to try about three of the desserts and I declare them to be delicious.

Top notch joint, that Dax.

Went to The Farm restaurant on Dawson Street on Thursday eve, can wholeheartedly recommend it,all the food in organic and yummy, they have a great selection for veggies like me n mr cpr and the staff are really nice and friendly.It also does a nice lunch menu/teas and coffees etc.

Hit Maloti last Saturday evening. Early bird Set Menu. 2nd time doing that and just as enjoyable as the first time there.

is that the best that is available in athlone?

yes.

in the past week I have aten in town bar und grill and the bridge bar and grill, both owned by the same people. the menu is almost also exactly the same in both, which is either comforting/disconcerting. Nice though like.

There's a really good Thai restaurant in Athlone... can't remember what it's called ...

there is a thai restaurant in belfast called Thai Tanic - get it? Thai Tanic... as in Titanic? The movie? The one about the big ship that sank?

It's not great though - I went because of the name

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back