Restaurant Recommendations (1 Viewer)

roxy said:
Actually, just looked at their online menu and this is one of the entries

:confused:

they haven't changed it much then. It's been saying that for ages.

When I lived nearby I used go to the one in Ranelagh a lot and it was quite nice the first few times but was going downhill by the time I left (2003).

First the bad :
Lunch in the bar in Fitzwillian Hotel on Sunday. Nasty horrible chicken/foccaccia thing, the chicken was marinated in a lime and pesto potion and managed to be both tasteless and bad tasting. The salad it came with had bitter icky leaves, oversweet honey and mustard dressing ( I despise honey mustard dressing ), and random sad bits of sweetcorn.
!bog

Now the good :
Monty's of Kathmandu, opposite the IFI
I think its my absolute fave place to eat, was there tonight and it was perfect and divine as always. They do Nepalese food, so yum I could eat it every day, with really good quality ingredients, in a small but lovely room and with fantastic service. Also the most amazing naan breads ever.

:):):)

I'm going to mackerel on saturday evening - anyone been?

It won some award for best seafood restaurant recently, which is reassuring.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
I'm going to mackerel on saturday evening - anyone been?

It won some award for best seafood restaurant recently, which is reassuring.

yeah, i was there before christmas, it was v. nice - they do yummy grilled sardines, if you don't mind having to deal with little bones. himself enjoyed whatever piscine offering he had as well.

yes, it's VG. don't order a bottle of muscadet though, you'll be corrected and told it's pronounced mus-KADET.

Mackerel was great, although i starved myself beforehand and ended up filling up on bread when i got in. Then i ate about half a trawlor of fish. Fullest i have ever been.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Mackerel was great, although i starved myself beforehand and ended up filling up on bread when i got in. Then i ate about half a trawlor of fish. Fullest i have ever been.

him indoors took me to mackeral for my birthday, really great fish, lovely bread, tipsy making wine.
i was also the fullest i have ever been for about 2 hours after. mmmmm.

Went to this italian place in Inchicore there at the weekend. very nice got a custom made dish of fresh italian pasta. the waiter sits down and discusses the kind of pastas they have and what you would like in your sauce, consulting the chef occasionally. Had a yummy fresh pumpkin ravioli with porcini mushroom cream sauce. yum. very friendly very reasonable at a 10 for vegi main. can't wait to go back. they don't have a mains menu it's just a set menu for deserts and starters and such. dinner seems to be always made to order more or less.

sarah said:
Went to this italian place in Inchicore there at the weekend. very nice got a custom made dish of fresh italian pasta. the waiter sits down and discusses the kind of pastas they have and what you would like in your sauce, consulting the chef occasionally. Had a yummy fresh pumpkin ravioli with porcini mushroom cream sauce. yum. very friendly very reasonable at a 10 for vegi main. can't wait to go back. they don't have a mains menu it's just a set menu for deserts and starters and such. dinner seems to be always made to order more or less.

will bear that one in mind..
what was the name of it?
i went to inchicore for dinner last night..
you know the black lion pub? well they have a gorgeous restaurant upstairs which i cant remember the name of but its just
deeeeeeee
liiiiisssssssh
oussssssss.

but i think its closing down..and they werent serving last night anyway so we had some food in the pub section and that was actually ok...
and i love the black lion as a pub anyways.
.|..|

tried mackrel this day last week, on the basis of the high recommendations here and my love of all things edible and fishy.
absolutely marvellous, one of the best meals out i have had in a long time.
got sushi for starters, and the hake roulade for a main course. food was amazing, and the service was wonderful.
so filling...
ten gills out of ten.

I went to Venu last night, which is the new restaurant opened by Paatrick Guibaud's son opposite the Chili Club ( a little land off South Anne Street).

We were greated by a supermodel looking young wan who was about 6'6" and who brought us into a modern, slightly souless room, that filled up pretty quickly for a Tuesday night.

I had:
crab salad (€12.50)
striploin steak and chips (€21.00)
Ice cream (€5),

we also shared an ok bottle of pinot grigio.

The quality of the food was excellent, and indeed much better than the laminated menus and casual clientele would lead you to expect. It's only a matter of time before the prices shoot up, so I'd definitely recommend it if you're meeting a friend or a group of people. Not that romantic for a couple's buzz.

Totla bill for two (before tip) was €95, including the wine.

mr pharmacist said:
anyone know any decent italian restaurants in town?
havnt eaten in town in yonks.

Toscana is really good and tasty. Probably my favourite for pastas. Its at the opposite end of Dame St to Trinity, opposite the city hall. They have a great early bird too.

Bob said:
Toscana is really good and tasty. Probably my favourite for pastas. Its at the opposite end of Dame St to Trinity, opposite the city hall. They have a great early bird too.

myself and my lady actually went there a few weeks ago.
amazing food, i had the pasta with salmon, she had the primavera (think thats what its called... pasta with mixed veg.)

service was a bit meh...
waitors were more concerned with impressing a table of 15 english women on a hens weekend so didnt really feel all that welcomed.

K.C. Peaches opposite the Holiday Inn on Pearse Street. Big bowl of fresh strawberries/shortcake/cream dessert concoction I had in there on Friday is probably one of the nicest things I've eaten in a long time.

mr pharmacist said:
anyone know any decent italian restaurants in town?
havnt eaten in town in yonks.
Topolis on Parliament St is deadly and cheap. Also it seems to be the only Italian restaurant in town that the Italians in my work consider to be daycent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back