Restaurant Recommendations (3 Viewers)

diep noodle in ranelagh - not new or exciting, but i hadn't been there before.

we had starters, mains, desserts for two, a few beers and minerals and tea, and it came to about €67 before tip. pretty pricey but it was a celebration (i got nerd prizes at school, hooray). the veggie spring roll starter was crispy and tasty, the phad thai main course was a bit oily but the different flavours were really sharp and clear, and the chilli tofu was hot like whoa. lots of veggie and vegan options in every part of the menu, fairly generous portions (and extremely generous with the sorbet).

most exciting part for me was the loose-leaf tea selection, but only because i'm used to being offered manky twinings stuff. the ginger and herb one was amazing (anyone know who their supplier is?) and i got a huuuge pot of it.

i chose it out of curiosity and thought it was grand, but i found the whole place rather stuffy and a bit posh - maybe that's a given in ranelagh - and, eh, it reminded me that i've overdone a certain other restaurant only because nowhere else does tasty/enjoyable quite as well.

Cornucopia should really get a bigger premises or something as it becoming increasingly unpleasant space-wise to eat there. Nice food, but hella claustrophobic.

I kept getting texts from my best friend when she lived in Dublin about Cornucopia's menu that day/how good her meal there was/how brilliant it was that they do dairy-free stuff etc etc, so understandably I wanted to see what all the fuss was about - I popped in there the last time I was in dublin and had yummy veggie sausages and hash browns (although the latter was slightly cold on the edge, but I forgave them)...I'd like to eat off the main dinner menu though to see what they can really do! The trek down to the toilets is a bit, er, odd though. Aren't they after getting planning permission to move next door too though?

In galway I'd recommend -

Mustard
Ming Palace
Lemongrass (yum yum yum)
The Living Room (foccacia bread to die for)

But I'm only a newbie here - any hidden gems anyone wants to recommend?

I'd like to recommend the Lord Edward Seafood Restaurant. It's my favourite restaurant and it's above my favourite pub. I started a thread about it, but I couldn't resist putting an "i" in the word place which led to pundemonioum for the rest of the thread

I'd like to recommend the Lord Edward Seafood Restaurant. It's my favourite restaurant and it's above my favourite pub. I started a thread about it, but I couldn't resist putting an "i" in the word place which led to pundemonioum for the rest of the thread

Have heard lots of good things about this- it's on my must-do list.

got treated to mackerel for me birthday last night. got whole seabream with a lobster and salsa(i think) dressing, and herself got monkfish in walnut and celery.

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous

Went to the BrookLodge a couple of weeks ago with work and had dinner in the Strawberry Tree - absolutely gorgeous. The food is all organic and simply superb. I started with a goats cheese and chutney bruschetta (divine), then had an in-betweener of orange chilli sorbet (starts off cold with the lovely tang of oranges and then develops a slow heat. Gorgeous.) then had plaice with tomato salsa and dessert was a dish of various small tasties.

Highly recommend it. Dunno what it cost.

Went to the BrookLodge a couple of weeks ago with work and had dinner in the Strawberry Tree - absolutely gorgeous. The food is all organic and simply superb. I started with a goats cheese and chutney bruschetta (divine), then had an in-betweener of orange chilli sorbet (starts off cold with the lovely tang of oranges and then develops a slow heat. Gorgeous.) then had plaice with tomato salsa and dessert was a dish of various small tasties.

Where is BrookLodge now?
Wow - that in-betweener sorbet sounds v. lovely...and morsels of different desserts are great, as I always want at least three of any given menu, yet after the first two bites you're done nearly.

Where is BrookLodge now?
Wow - that in-betweener sorbet sounds v. lovely...and morsels of different desserts are great, as I always want at least three of any given menu, yet after the first two bites you're done nearly.

Hi Dowel -
It's in Wicklow off the R11. Beware though the signs aren't well posted. It's located in a fake village called Macreddin Village. It's a spa as well as hotel and if you fancy a treat it's well worth it. I had a massage and it was bliss. The rooms are very luxurious as well. I have to say the staff there are brilliant also as they were so polite and kind and didn't treat us like we were burdens on them.

Hi Dowel -
It's in Wicklow off the R11. Beware though the signs aren't well posted. It's located in a fake village called Macreddin Village. It's a spa as well as hotel and if you fancy a treat it's well worth it. I had a massage and it was bliss. The rooms are very luxurious as well. I have to say the staff there are brilliant also as they were so polite and kind and didn't treat us like we were burdens on them.

Oh, I ate there once (never been to the spa) and it was indeed gorgeous and I've always meant to go back and eat more.

They did an extremely nice sticky toffee pudding, though nothing like the sticky toffee pudding in the Blue Haven Hotel in Kinsale.

Now that I mention it: the Blue Haven. YUM. Some of us from my MA class went on a ladies' weekend away when we finished our theses, and we stopped in Kinsale on the way back because one of my friends decided we absolutely couldn't pass even near Kinsale without getting STP. It was so good that I wanted to cry. I might actually have cried, in fact. I ate mine and then finished off everyone else's when they found it too rich to finish. THERE IS NO DESSERT TOO RICH FOR ME. No sweet treat can defeat me. Ever. It then became my own obsession for a while, that any time I had the luxury of being in a car, it was off to the Blue Haven for sticky toffee pudding. You won't ever be the same again. It will ruin you for all future foodstuffs, but it's worth it. I hope it's still there/as good/etc because that was like 6 years ago.

Best food forevah alert. Much :heart: for Brooklodge. The spa is amazing AND me fella proposed there. I told him to fuck off though....just kidding guyse! I's married now.

The Happy Pear in Greystones does some amazing salads and smoothies. They're really keen on you trying everything first which I think is cool. I hear they have good coffee too. Check them out if your out that way enjoying the sunshine.
I endorse happy pear smoothies.
amiweird.jpg

My sister got married at Brook Lodge - food was great and service was superb. Would love to go back for a feed and a bit of rubbage to get rid of some stress.

Went to Roly's Bistro with work about a week ago for lunch. I didn't really like the place but the food was nice. I had skate.

I was there last Sunday for a family thing. Food was great as always and a lovely chatty buzz around the place.

I'm off to L'Ecrivain for my first wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks.

i have feelings of no cleverness. my hunger was great for me to eat and to seek a food to buy i go. i find oxfam for food, but no food they have but clothes and schoolbooks? new to london europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back