Restaurant Recommendations (1 Viewer)

snakybus said:
just had some nosebag in a place called Yo Thai in "da 'brook"

This food I got - it was one of THE best tasting things I've ever had. I looked up in surprise at how good it was!
That place was on "On the Menu" a couple of weeks and it looked pretty deadly.

Although Jimmy Greeley could make any place look deadly.

Jimmy-Greeley.jpg

The Happy Pear in Greystones does some amazing salads and smoothies. They're really keen on you trying everything first which I think is cool. I hear they have good coffee too. Check them out if your out that way enjoying the sunshine.

ponderosa said:
K.C. Peaches opposite the Holiday Inn on Pearse Street. Big bowl of fresh strawberries/shortcake/cream dessert concoction I had in there on Friday is probably one of the nicest things I've eaten in a long time.
yes yes yes

Can we pause awhile and acknowledge the casual awesomeness of KC Peaches?

Their orange, choc, cashewnut brownie. Oh goodness gracious me.

I've heard only good things about their fritattas too.

And I've had other basic cakes out of there and they've always been top notch.

Slightly pricey to be going everyday maybe (ie, €3 and €4 for small takeaway cake slices alone etc) but nice the odd sunny Friday morning as you stroll home from work around the corner. Yes indeed.

Thinking of the egg-related fritatta, I remember now that I actually recently directed a tired, hungry Thumpeder and his tired, hungry bandmates in the direction of KC Peaches for breakfast and I forgot to ask if they took the advice on the day.

Tired, hungry Thumpeder - did you go to KC Peaches? Did you have eggs?

Hmm.

New cafe/patisserie place called Leon on Trinity Street, nice room and the tastiest ever hot focaccia sandwiches. Mine was huge though, next time a half one for me.

Amamzing pastries too, had one of these chocolate bishop guys to share, mmmmm

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 203
Dunno if anyone mentioned it already but the Independent Pizza Company beside the Drumcondra Railway station on Dorset Street = tasty food + great value.

The Italian in Inchicore is very good. They sell wine by the glass, do proper panninis and shit and also a proper although affordable restaurant. The wines are top notch (I'm no expert, mind) and the food is lovely.

The time I went for a full meal with my girlfriend we had no starters, a mains each, a pretty dodgy dessert, an espresso each and a lovely bottle of wine. The bill came came to less than €50 and the mains were terrific.

Dunno if anyone mentioned it already but the Independent Pizza Company beside the Drumcondra Railway station on Dorset Street = tasty food + great value.

I used to live just around the corner from that, it was good for hungover sundays alright.

Finally went to L'Guelueton (sp?) on Tuesday, to celebrate getting my driving test :rolleyes:

Fantastic food,I had a delish steak with v good bearnaise,the best ever chips, and this really unusual strawberry/chocolate loaf cake thing for dessert, yum :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

The whole no booking thing kinda put me off going before this, stupid me.

I went to the mermaid cafe for lunch yesterday. I'm off this week and so was able to linger for about two hours. Eeven thoug we were the last people in the place (stayed from 2pm to 4pm) they never even so much as hinted that we should clear off.

2 courses = €22
3 courses = €26

...although with wine, coffee etc we went a little beyoned this.

Starter was crab cakes. Lovely - lots of flavour, moist, and lots of crab which is actually quite rare for crab cakes I have tasted.

Main course was marling cooked in jerk (some tangy stuff) with sweet potatoes and sweetcorn. Absolutely delicious. I was stuffed and in fact didn't eat for the rest of the day, which is unusual for five-stomachs-eats-all-day-like-a-cow ro.

Thoroughly recommend this place. I thought it would be pretty nice for, say, a graduation family meal or something.

The Mermaid cafe is great, the staff have been notably friendly and the service excellent whenever I've been there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back