Restaurant Recommendations (2 Viewers)

hugh, the china house is seperate from the northen palace, which is still there, up the dodgy staircase.

was in the opium room in the chameleon on saturday. that place just keeps getting better and better, amazing place...

dudley said:
hugh, the china house is seperate from the northen palace, which is still there, up the dodgy staircase.

You been there recently Dud? You sure?

Walked up the staircase ... nothing there. Woman from what looked like a video shop or something directed us next door. Maybe there's some kindof inter-restaurant shenanigans going on here but she did say it was closed ....

oh really?
been a few months since i was there alright. boo.

getting flashbacks to my chameleon dinner.
boiled cabbage in coconut sauce. satay chicken, marinated squid, liquouricy pork, spicey meatballs, wokfried vegetable noodles, beef in some odd fashion.
bestest ever

Galway: Fat Freddy's (beside quays bar), second time i'd been in the place. Nothing 'too' fancy but nice atmosphere and excellent food all at a reasonable price. Would def recommend it. 10/10.

tripoli said:
Galway: Fat Freddy's (beside quays bar), second time i'd been in the place. Nothing 'too' fancy but nice atmosphere and excellent food all at a reasonable price. Would def recommend it. 10/10.

i'd completely agree, had a fabulous pizza there during the summer, really fresh and super-tasty.

azezelo said:
You should go north - the best breakfasts on the island are in Belfast. They're one of the few good things about the place.

I completely agree with you...Maggie Mays on Botanic Avenue do amazing fry ups for both Veggies and meat eaters...class! :)

In Dublin however Baan Thai restaurant in Ballsbridge is so so yummy...i highly recommend it. Al Bochetto's down the road from it has beautiful fresh Italian food too.

In Galway Thai Gardens is amazing and Couch potatoes...which i think has moved from town to studentsville aka Newcastle road has cheap and gorgeous food.

For the best fish and chips in the country McDonaghs on Quay St. is definately the best.;)

I am starving now!

Hector Grey said:
lads, don't ever, ever go to red berry on georges st.

craphole.

so i heard. this was previously Indigo Yard which was also complete muck. another one is an italian opposite Porterhouse on parliament street, can't think of the name.

All good: Ho Sen / Gruel / Spice n' Rice (taKe away)

This thread should be moved to the food forum ..

Had lunch/brunch in the Fallon & Byrne restaurant today. The room is lovely, food was delicious, simple stuff like Eggs Benedict and Croque Monsieur but very well done and not too dear. Wonder what the evening menu is like...

Only complaints were the apple juice which cost 3.50 and was from a carton, not fresh squeezed, and the creepy smiling French waiter who POURED OUT MY TEA. How weird is that ?

was in that new john keating pub today, it's amazing inside, totally gorgeous. Food is nice in the main bar, it's more snack sized than meal sized but priced accordingly I suppose - I had a big fishcake on rocket and sundried tomatoes and that was 7.50. Also there was a string quartet playing, v fancy.

ugh, that place is rank. Everything tastes like it's been harvested from particularly unsavoury rats, drowned in bin juice and accessorised with brown iceberg lettuce.

Nul points.

had a go of jaipur tonight for the wans birthday. very wonderful, particularly my salmon tikka starter, and me murgh rizali wasn't to be snotted at neither!

votes = 1,000,000

Dinnered in a place in Sandymount yesterday evening. Can't remember the name but it's an Italian, it's facing the green on the coast side, and the shopfront is entirely chocolate brown.

Wouldn't recommend it. The aubergine starter was flat and lifeless but ok. My companion's main course was a homemade hamburger which was simply a half pound of mince on a plate, with no attempt made to bring it to life in any way. SO I know I know, he got what he ordered, but when you order a burger in this day and age you ususally expect something to be going on with it, no? Even some decent condiments at least. He got a bowl of store-bought frozen chips with it. All in all, his tastebuds fell into a coma. ...Anyway, that learned him.

Mine was a very dull few pieces of chicken and a smidge of ham drowning under a sea of plain vaguely-basily tomato sauce with mozzarella trun on top. And another bowl of store-bought frozen chips.

But the piece de resistence was the ill feeling that came on me shortly after leaving. Instead of heading out to a friends birthday affair I spent the evening shuffling around my kitchen trying to find something that would relieve my major nausea.

2 x starter
2 x main
1 x tea, 1 x coffee
1 x perroni

Just under €60

1 x me bent double in angst

Priceless

nlgbbbblth said:
There's a Mario's in Sandymount (Terenure and Ranelagh too) which can be particularly uninspiring sometimes and doesn't take bookings which really annoys me as it makes it impossible to plan an evening properly.

Never been in the Sandymount version so I don't know what the front looks like.

Yeah, just googled and it is Mario's.

Hear that y'all? MARIO'S.

Cheers Nigglybits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back