• Repeal

Votes: 33 100.0%
  • Retain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i'm a Bogger and not one person i spoke to about this was going to vote NO.
overwhelmingly 'YES' and a few not sure but 'YES' leaning folks who hadn't put
much thought into yet but i thought would be OK.
talking about 20 plus plus people here ( an undecided lad was only one under 30)

it now seems as though we had more than enough support to get to this point
years ago - as i had long suspected.... until media coverage stared frightening
the shit of me in last 6 months and got us all unnecessarily worried.

also I see Workers Solidarity strongly encouraged voting YES.
i.e. unusual for anarchists to give credence to voting (but even when i didn't
vote i always said i would vote on abortion legalization)

Delighted. It's great when the majority are sound.

Stop giving to the No side a disproportionate amount of air time today. Blowhards weaseling away.

In the car earlier, pulled up outside a shop and on the radio they started talking about how the new law should be named after Savita. I couldn't get out and go about my business without composing myself first. Then the photo of the Savita mural surrounded by stickers and flowers showed up on my phone... shit. Then someone shared a video of the crowds in Dublin Castle chanting her name.... in fucking tatters. "Why is she such a trigger? agh".
It's because she represents every man's partner. Every parent's daughter. Every woman. Every "you name it". She will be in school text books in the future. She's now an icon. I wonder if Jim Fitzpatrick has considered a painting?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fuck him, he is one cold hearted cunt; his comments about disabled children being in the firing line for abortions and his comment that women will pretend to have mental health issues to procure abortions were despicable today. That fucker needs to go now.

Fuck him, he is one cold hearted cunt; his comments about disabled children being in the firing line for abortions and his comment that women will pretend to have mental health issues to procure abortions were despicable today. That fucker needs to go now.

I re-upped for the Seanad register earlier this year for exactly this.

He’s a grade A Cunt. But ironically enough, I think he really helped the yes side in this election.

In the car earlier, pulled up outside a shop and on the radio they started talking about how the new law should be named after Savita. I couldn't get out and go about my business without composing myself first. Then the photo of the Savita mural surrounded by stickers and flowers showed up on my phone... shit. Then someone shared a video of the crowds in Dublin Castle chanting her name.... in fucking tatters. "Why is she such a trigger? agh".
It's because she represents every man's partner. Every parent's daughter. Every woman. Every "you name it". She will be in school text books in the future. She's now an icon. I wonder if Jim Fitzpatrick has considered a painting?

Was on Facebook earlier and saw that Waterford Whispers had changed their profile picture to Savita. Have to admit that I did tear up a little bit. And also when the final result was read out from Dublin Castle

The chants of Simon, Simon was a little nauseating when only last week he was being rightly pilloried for the cervical smears scandal,an emerging breast check scandal, and ongoing scandals of people on hospital trolleys and scoliosis, redress for victims of symphysiotomy. Etc.

The chants of Simon, Simon was a little nauseating when only last week he was being rightly pilloried for the cervical smears scandal,an emerging breast check scandal, and ongoing scandals of people on hospital trolleys and scoliosis, redress for victims of symphysiotomy. Etc.

In fairness to Harris (ugh, I really don't want to be fair to a Fine Gaeler) he inherited some if not most of those issues, including from our multi-chromatically socked Taoiseach. (And there's also a thing in this country about departmental civil servants keeping their ministers at arms length; who knows to what degree if any that plays in.) But if he does only one thing from here, he has to fix the National Maternity Hospital mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back