recyclable? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter plug
  • Start date
  • Replies 40
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1
I always get a large bag of paper plates and plastic forks and knives, then throw them in the bin when I am finished. Saves the hassle of having to do the washing up.

Dont throw them in the bin. That only wastes binbags. Throw them in the hedge.

Funny you should say that..

Years ago, I used put me used jonnies and cacks in the hedge and got a call from the arts council sayin' I was a fucking genius.

Thousands upon thousands of euros are spent making sure a car seat can withstand a coffee stain. Its a wonderful time to be alive. Fuck those guys.

My thoughts exactly. Collins died so Irish men could take their coffees wherever the hell they wanted.

Is Jim Corr still mad or has he rejoined the rest of us on planet Earth?

This looks interesting. Have any of you tried it?

"Simply join any number of programmes, start collecting at your location, download free shipping labels, and send us your waste to be recycled. Most free programmes offer incentives for your favorite school or charity as a thank you for collecting and Eliminating the Idea of Waste"

they claim to be able to recycle pringles cans. i'd like to know how they do it; and whether in a lot of cases it uses more energy to recycle than the manufacture does in the first place.

they claim to be able to recycle pringles cans. i'd like to know how they do it; and whether in a lot of cases it uses more energy to recycle than the manufacture does in the first place.
well what happens is

The Pringles® cans are crushed and separated by their different components, as the components are recycled separately. The plastic lids are pelletized and the steel base is smelted. The cardboard, plastic and aluminium layer parts are separated through pulping so that the cardboard fibres can then be used for a new pulp. The remaining plastic and aluminium is pelletized. All materials can then be used in new products or applications

duh.

I imagine it's down to scale.

Aluminium would be splitting point there - it's something like recycling it is 10% the energy of making it in the first place, so there is markup on 2nd aluminium, especially if you've already sold it and can get people to send it back to you

ah yes, biodegradable. which possibly means biodegradable in sunlight, so OK if you stuck it on the roof terrace of your villa in the south of spain, but good luck if you stick it in your dark compost bin in ireland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back