through tons of accumulated kitchen junk. I'm here looking at
a lot of pots, pans, plates, glasses, casserole dishes, plastic
blender attachements etc. you name it.

some of the plastic things can go into the recycling, but what
about everything else. I could probably bring some of the
plates to the charity shop or something, but a lot of the stuff
is fairly unusable.

any suggestions? ta. d

edit: actually, I have a shitload of 3.5" floppies as well. and probably a load of useless cd-rs. is ANY of this shit recyclable?

Make sure the charity shop wants your old plates etc. When i worked for age action we spent far too much time and money going to the dump to get rid of junk that people donated. I remember calling round in a van and a guy more or less emptying his shed - we then had to drive all the way to the dump and pay to dump every last piece of junk. Among other things he 'donated' a ball of string and a bucket with some set concrete in it.

good point. actually most of it was fairly unusable old shit.
I ended up chucking a lot of it late last night; I couldn't see
what else I could possibly do with it. I managed to keep a
fair amount of the plates etc. I hadn't thought about setting
up an impromptu clay pigeon range.. next time.

actually hanley, you might remember this, I found that
horrible weird heart shaped mickey mouse cup with all the
pointy angles that used to be knocking around the house.
possibly the most bizarre/useless/loosest definition of a
'cup' in existence!

I managed to jumbletown a drumkit and a car though so not
everything has gone into the bin. spring cleaning is great.

Make sure the charity shop wants your old plates etc. When i worked for age action we spent far too much time and money going to the dump to get rid of junk that people donated. I remember calling round in a van and a guy more or less emptying his shed - we then had to drive all the way to the dump and pay to dump every last piece of junk. Among other things he 'donated' a ball of string and a bucket with some set concrete in it.

are you sure he didn't think you's were trash collectors?

I'm keeping my old plates for a landfill i have to do soon, as they are made of stone.

When I was super broke i used to nip into the charity store every week hoping for a useable saucepan as I only had one.

Good times.

I have started taking a few paper coffee cup from work home with me for the walk to work in the morning.

Very happy with myself so I am.

Buy a reusable 'disposable' a la
Picture-2.png

i often bring my cup in the car if we're going into town at the weekend, which is a poor idea because the first few minutes of the journey is across subsiding, potholed cobbled streets
usually end up with half a cup left and coffee-soaked knees

The lids for the coffee cups they have in the local centra are too small to fit properly. Scalding your legs while driving is never a good idea, and yet I keep going back.
Might have something to do with it being 2.50 for a coffee and caramel slice ...

I just make a small coffee, throw it back in one then get a 'proper' coffee when I get to college. Dublin bus is stressful enough without spill anxiety.

ive had a few drivers not let me bring my hot coffee on beacuse i 'could scald someone'. even though it has a fucking lid on it and im not fully retarded

Consider a little metal thermos 330ml if you make home coffee (wont fit in some shop machines). The 'reusable' pictured above has a lid that rips after a while. I've left my metal thing on the car floor for weeks at a time being kicked about and its grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back