through tons of accumulated kitchen junk. I'm here looking at
a lot of pots, pans, plates, glasses, casserole dishes, plastic
blender attachements etc. you name it.

some of the plastic things can go into the recycling, but what
about everything else. I could probably bring some of the
plates to the charity shop or something, but a lot of the stuff
is fairly unusable.

any suggestions? ta. d

edit: actually, I have a shitload of 3.5" floppies as well. and probably a load of useless cd-rs. is ANY of this shit recyclable?

Make sure the charity shop wants your old plates etc. When i worked for age action we spent far too much time and money going to the dump to get rid of junk that people donated. I remember calling round in a van and a guy more or less emptying his shed - we then had to drive all the way to the dump and pay to dump every last piece of junk. Among other things he 'donated' a ball of string and a bucket with some set concrete in it.

good point. actually most of it was fairly unusable old shit.
I ended up chucking a lot of it late last night; I couldn't see
what else I could possibly do with it. I managed to keep a
fair amount of the plates etc. I hadn't thought about setting
up an impromptu clay pigeon range.. next time.

actually hanley, you might remember this, I found that
horrible weird heart shaped mickey mouse cup with all the
pointy angles that used to be knocking around the house.
possibly the most bizarre/useless/loosest definition of a
'cup' in existence!

I managed to jumbletown a drumkit and a car though so not
everything has gone into the bin. spring cleaning is great.

Make sure the charity shop wants your old plates etc. When i worked for age action we spent far too much time and money going to the dump to get rid of junk that people donated. I remember calling round in a van and a guy more or less emptying his shed - we then had to drive all the way to the dump and pay to dump every last piece of junk. Among other things he 'donated' a ball of string and a bucket with some set concrete in it.

are you sure he didn't think you's were trash collectors?

I'm keeping my old plates for a landfill i have to do soon, as they are made of stone.

When I was super broke i used to nip into the charity store every week hoping for a useable saucepan as I only had one.

Good times.

I have started taking a few paper coffee cup from work home with me for the walk to work in the morning.

Very happy with myself so I am.

Buy a reusable 'disposable' a la
Picture-2.png

i often bring my cup in the car if we're going into town at the weekend, which is a poor idea because the first few minutes of the journey is across subsiding, potholed cobbled streets
usually end up with half a cup left and coffee-soaked knees

The lids for the coffee cups they have in the local centra are too small to fit properly. Scalding your legs while driving is never a good idea, and yet I keep going back.
Might have something to do with it being 2.50 for a coffee and caramel slice ...

I just make a small coffee, throw it back in one then get a 'proper' coffee when I get to college. Dublin bus is stressful enough without spill anxiety.

ive had a few drivers not let me bring my hot coffee on beacuse i 'could scald someone'. even though it has a fucking lid on it and im not fully retarded

Consider a little metal thermos 330ml if you make home coffee (wont fit in some shop machines). The 'reusable' pictured above has a lid that rips after a while. I've left my metal thing on the car floor for weeks at a time being kicked about and its grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back