Normal People (4 Viewers)

Slightly more measured critique of Normal People than the one that was circulating last week. Will this generate the same level of Twitter outrage among Ireland's creative classes as last week's one?

hahaha that's really not nuanced at all.

Christ, it's a good novel I read a year and a half ago. I don't get the extreme hype either but at least it's by some nobody from Mayo and not the daughter of the Taoiseach.

Fair point about the ending of it though, I'd forgotten it ended that way.

*furiously Googles “Jessa Crispin’s” educational history and family background*
Oh I like this woman

She has criticized married women in the past: "Marriage’s history is about treating women as property, and by being married you’re legitimising that history."[11]

Preach it, sister

Slightly more measured critique of Normal People than the one that was circulating last week. Will this generate the same level of Twitter outrage among Ireland's creative classes as last week's one?

Amazing review hahaha

Watched the two episodes tonight there, LOL at a fair amount of the Trinity stuff.
"The campus accommodation here is pretty good" - says the guy that is supposedly living in 'Rubrics', the oldest building in Trinity which hasn't been done up inside since the 60s or 70s, wifi may as well not exist, no heating in the building, single glazing on most windows, shower basically consists of standing under a tap and letting a trickle of water flow over you. Sure any student would love it. I like how the girl went home to her own house to have a shower, can't imagine why.

Of course, there are actually good showers on the ground floor of the building, but sure in order to get to them, don't ya have to actually go outside and walk along to the middle of the thing? And you need a key that of course requires an argument with the accommodation office to get. They should have shown all that HA

Is the massive cuntage quotient accurate tho?

Fuck yeah, I was saying to a mate of mine that at least they got the people right! Sure the whole 'nazi giving a speech' thing has to be based on when the fucking Phil or the Hist, one of those two beacons of absolute wankbags, invited Nick Griffin over for a 'debate' and spent weeks insisting that he should be allowed to say whatever he liked in their building. Took AFA coming in to one of their meetings to finally shut that fuckin shit down.

There's plenty of sound heads in Trinity too, but it's all the fuckin total tools that make by far the most noise on campus generally. I think it's actually been improving over the last bunch of years a bit, but it's a slow process, and there's always gonna be loads of entitled dickheads in the place really.

Here check out this sterling example of fucking absolute ball bags from last year Knights of the Campanile Implicated in On-Campus Hazing Evening

Last edited:
The main guy Connell looks so much like my little brother that it’s making me physically uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back