New York (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1

ron

Recommendations for accomodation (all sorts) and things to do (music, all sorts) please. Is there an online resource that would help?

Cheers

ron said:
Recommendations for accomodation (all sorts) and things to do (music, all sorts) please. Is there an online resource that would help?

Cheers

Can't really help with accommodation, as I always stay with friends while in NYC, but music-wise...

Tonic is probably the best venue in NYC for left-field music, so if that's what you're into, check out http://www.tonicnyc.com for listings.

For record shops in the same vein, Other Music on Lafayette Street (across from Tower Records) and Kim's Mondo Music on St Mark's Place are must-visits.

But you're probably best-served just going there and picking up the Village Voice, Time Out or any number of other periodicals and seeing what's on. Trust me, there'll be loads.

Paul

http://upcoming.org/metro/us/ny/nyc/

Highly recommend Tonic... saw Supersilent there last time I was there...

Kim's Video on St Marks Place is the best record store I have ever been in...

Max Fish on the Lower East Side is a great bar, the International in the East Village (near St Marks Place) is great too

Arleen's Grocery (LES) - Punk Rock Karaoke on a monday - it's hilarious

Check out Williamsburg (get the L to Brooklyn - and get off at the first stop after crossing the bridge)

If you can afford it, and it is still on - go see the Blue Man Group - it's one of the funniest and bestest shows I have ever seen. It's a mix of mime, music, perfromance art and comedy. It's about 60 dollars for a shit seat. Be prepared for some audience participation!!!

nEiLo said:
Max Fish on the Lower East Side is a great bar, the International in the East Village (near St Marks Place) is great too

Max Fish! Deadly bar ....... they have the best jukebox ever as far as I remember .....

Also, the Mars Bar which is in the same area ..... total dive but great fun and you might bump into Michael Gira in there!

chelsea international hostel will cost 30/ 28 (no bog in room) for a dorm bed! it's on 20st(?) between 6th and 7th ave...uptown there's cheaper dorm beds (~24 dollars) you can get a hotel room weekly rate of 210/150 (no bog) in the midway hotel off broadway on 100th st i think.

ron said:

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back