Hobbies (1 Viewer)

I'd love to develop some new hobbies. It's tough though. I have to be genuinely fascinated by the subject or it's like being forced fed.
I'm in the final year of my degree at the moment and one of the subjects is economics. I'm surprised at how interesting I'm finding it. Almost to the point of wanting to study it more afterwards.

Extra emphasis on the word Almost

Inspired by the conversation in the Your Work Situation thread, what do you do in terms of hobbies? I figured a catch all thread would be good as most hobbies will be pretty niche. Also, no music as that is essentially the only reason we’re all here and there are loads of threads for those.

At the moment, I’ve gotten big into models (the miniature plastic kind rather than London Fashion Week waifs) and gaming. I posted the Judge Death model I made and painted on another thread but I’ve also been doing little Warhammer models and playing D&D online with my friends. Nerdy but very satisfying.

I’ve just ordered some stuff for making water features and going to have a go at something like this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

music mainly now - and making shit.
over the years making/modding amps/pedals/guitars was the perfect mix of both.
heavily into photography for many years, but doing feck all of that recently. It’s essentially a solitary hobby - don’t get much alone time! If time and money were no object I’d love to get back into traditional b&w processing and printing. Again - the hands on making aspects being appealing

Inspired by the conversation in the Your Work Situation thread, what do you do in terms of hobbies? I figured a catch all thread would be good as most hobbies will be pretty niche. Also, no music as that is essentially the only reason we’re all here and there are loads of threads for those.

At the moment, I’ve gotten big into models (the miniature plastic kind rather than London Fashion Week waifs) and gaming. I posted the Judge Death model I made and painted on another thread but I’ve also been doing little Warhammer models and playing D&D online with my friends. Nerdy but very satisfying.

I’ve just ordered some stuff for making water features and going to have a go at something like this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The guitar player in The Kaisers hobby is making marionettes. Recently he's taken it to a whole new level. Just look at these. KGM

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back