New ManU Thread - hahahahahahaha (5 Viewers)

I have never truly been sold on the odometer philosophy regarding football players; the idea that a player has only so many games in him.
Does Giggs not disprove this theory?

£300k a week is stone bonkers money though.
Giggsy has appeared in 1,000 games, but I'd say he only played in about half of them. Also, he's spent the last 6 or 7 years standing still. Someone with Ronney's all action game is going to have start adapting pretty soon. Rooney the playmaker? The new Pirlo? The anchor? Yeah, and frankly, right.

I suppose United's thinking on this is: it would cost us 50 million to buy a like for like replacement, so why not spend that money keeping Rooney in house. After all that's gone wrong this season, if they were to lose him to Chelsea for fuck all because he's contract was running down, it would signal the end, pretty much.

You could argue that Mata can play the Rooney role, as in the number 10, behind RVP. It may finally have made sense to sell him. But it's weird, seeing as he's threatened to leave twice in the last few years, and was only making goo eyes at Mou this season. Totes loving it though. They suit each other, Rooney and United. I hope they enjoy midtable together. Maybe they can win that elusive trophy that Rooney's been hankering after: The Europe League.

Love that United are being "linked" with Kroos. It's hilarious. Here's another link: Pele.

Giggs' has been a yoga/health nut since 2002, when he was around Rooney's age now. He mainly did that to combat his dodgy hamstrings, coupled with cleaning up his act in general. Plus, he was never the kind of player to sideline himself with suspensions or stupid injuries from OTT tackles.

Big Wayne is a smoker who regularly comes back from pre season overweight due to a fondness for life's indulgences. He's also been on the injured list for 40+ days with groin/pelvis injuries since 2013, the most recent of which was nearly the whole of January. I'm not saying the guys washed up, and he's still a pretty amazing player but Ryan Giggs he is not. Or Andre Pirlo. Or Steven Gerrard for that matter.

It's gonna backfire, I just know it.

Last edited:
Poor Vidic. He hasn't looked the same since the injury. Looks like his heart isn't in it either now that he's off to Italy. Looks like he can't wait to get out.

Most alarming was the long ball crap. They never seem to have control of midfield like old United teams.

The standing off for both goals said a lot. They really don't look like they care. Nobody seemed surprised, even angry to be 2 down.

Poor Moysey. He's clearly a top, top, top manager.
I wonder about Michael Carrick's gait. Does he have one? He doesn't seem to move at all.

The Leno effect is the only thing that could possibly ruin this situation.

I know I shouldn't, but I've been peeking at the RedCafe forum of late, and it's a ire filled nuthouse demanding Moyes out. Hilarious OTT reactions to having to join the modern day Premier League where you have to deal with managerial changes. Only the odd calm voice chimes in to remind them of the reality that Moyesy is going nowhere (probably), and that's exactly what fans of Pool, City etc; want. Insult to injury.

It's such a tonic this whole thing, cheers Fergie!

Kind of a nothing piece though, isn't it?

Like who are the sources? Or what are the implications of getting knocked out of the CL and finishing outside 4th?
They've been saying this since Moyes was installed, that they can survive a couple of seasons away from the top table. But that's shit, and they should know that, for a couple of reasons. Putting aside the money, there's the Liverpool problem. LFC dropped out and looked like they were out of it for all time, Circumstances have been kind this season. Bale left Spurs, United sorta imploded, Everton just aren't quite there. Liverpool have been really good, they stepped up. Once they're in there, they'll be pullling the fucking drawbridge up. It could become a closed club again, like it was mid noughties.

United's worset case scenario is that they come fifth. It mightn't even take fifth. Let's say that City win the League cup, then sixth is a europa cup place, let's say Arsenal or City or Everton win the fa cup, then it could be seventh, even eight. And if united are in the Europa, they'll have the same problems spurs have. It's a mighty competition, it takes it out of you.

They also need to rebuild. They'll need a new back four: Vidic is gone, Evra will follow. Rio is probably for the scrap heap. Smalling isn't good enough. rafeal is kinda shite too. Evans. Just Evans. They also need a new midfield. So, are they going to splash the 100 million or so required to buy 6 quality players? And more pertinently, are those quality players going to join. ANd what's even funnier is RVP's exit strategy that he's been putting in place since September. They've pandered to Rooney's attempts to leave, are they going to offer RVP the same? He has one last big move left in him.

All in all, it's pretty fucking funny. If Wigan hadn't have won the cup last season, Liverpool would have been in europe. God knows where we'd be. Guffaw!

By the way Liverpool fans, you know you're inevitably going to be beaten by this worst ManU team ever in a week or two

This has a sense of a footballing inevitability about it alright.

Liverpool can be as chokey as Arsenal and United will want this one badly.

That said, I hope LFC win by 5.

Yeah, I'm trying to be bold but actually the next run of fixtures is filling me with a bit of trepidation. We're gonna drop points along the line, I just hope we don't have any disasterous results/performances that will affect the teams confidence to see out the challenge.

Liverpool can be as chokey as Arsenal and United will want this one badly.
United WILL want this one, badly. Then they'll realise "if only we WANTED to win at Olymiacos. If only we WANTED to beat Fulham, or West Brom, or Newcastle, or Everton, or Swansea, or Sunderland, or Liverpool and so forth." Here's a thought though, what if Liverpool also want it? Eeek. Immovable objects, unstoppable forces.

We have no idea if Liverpool are chokey. We know for a fact that Arsenal are, but the last time Liverpool were in a position to choke was the mid nineties. This time there's no David James to come out his goal with a silver platter in his hands, serving up the ball like it was a fine foie gras to opposing strikers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back