New ManU Thread - hahahahahahaha (1 Viewer)

Durham is a terrible fucking troll. From the same mind that suggested that the main thing holding women's football back was the shittyness of women goalies. So they should let men play in goal for women's teams.

After watching 5 minutes of Norway v Germany in the Algarve Cup yesterday, that's actually not a bad idea.

8:30 in this video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Durham is a terrible fucking troll. From the same mind that suggested that the main thing holding women's football back was the shittyness of women goalies. So they should let men play in goal for women's teams.
Gasp! I remember that. It's up there with Sepp's "tighter shorts" rant.

I love that he's completely forgotten the fact that United got their arses handed to them by Atletico Bilbao last time they slummed it in the Europa league.
Or the quality of the teams that have won it recently. Or the fact that winning it gets you into the CL, which they won't be doing by conventional methods. Or the fact that by not qualifying, they are losers. Do you think Keano would stand for that. We deserve to be there, just cos? Bollocks, you get there on merit, not history. That's why Liverpool have missed out. It's why Nottingham Forest haven't won it recently. Hilarious.

I love the way the brits go on about the Europa League as though they could win it every season "if they were bothered" There's two tiers in europe, Yes, that's Chelski (Un- fucking- fortunately), Real, Barca, Bayern then Athletico, PSG and Dortmund (Possibly jury's out on those sides this season) and then the rest who are basically at the same level as the sides who typically populate the last 16 of the Europa League, i.e Juve, Napoli, Lyon, Valencia, Sevilla etc.

United aren't even close to the top table any more and all the bank details in the universe can't cover the gaping holes in their squad.

Ironically if Liverpool get to the CL they'll probably do okay. While United would be in the Europa League after the group stages.

United aren't even close to the top table any more and all the bank details in the universe can't cover the gaping holes in their squad.

I still have difficulty with that argument, as good as SAF was.
They won the league by a distance last year. That was all down to him yelling at them?

Why not? It's a valid argument. They lost SAF's psychological drive, their coaching team, and their harmony all at once. It's all psychological. OK, so blame Moyes?

But let's not forget that last season was fairly shit all round. Last season they banked £30m on RVP and it paid off but that's a one off, at his age, with his needs. They winged it. That was not a vintage United side, as the man says. Last season was the positive side of psychology. A team on paper less good than City and Chelsea outperformed them both.

Then what? Moyes "overtrained" RVP in August, pissed him right off. The Dutch coaches are telling Robin to sit this year out, don't "overtrain" before the world cup. Mr Potatohead found himself to be the biggest ego in the club and has been swinging his considerable weight around. There is still no one decent pulling strings in midfield - and even if Kagawa was secretly shit all along, Mata certainly isn't, which suggests, again, that something else is problematic.

Look at LFC. That's like United last season, a team punching well above its weight. Only instead of a bunch of seasoned pros at the fag end of their careers having one last glorious charge, it's a bunch of mostly kids learning how to stick the knife in, early and often. None of the significant players for Liverpool joined since January 2013. I'm excluding Mingolet as he's let in a fair few howlers for all his brilliant saves.

If LFC can go from 7th to 2nd with the same starting team, why can't United go the other way?

Why not? It's a valid argument. They lost SAF's psychological drive, their coaching team, and their harmony all at once. It's all psychological. OK, so blame Moyes?

But let's not forget that last season was fairly shit all round. Last season they banked £30m on RVP and it paid off but that's a one off, at his age, with his needs. They winged it. That was not a vintage United side, as the man says. Last season was the positive side of psychology. A team on paper less good than City and Chelsea outperformed them both.

Then what? Moyes "overtrained" RVP in August, pissed him right off. The Dutch coaches are telling Robin to sit this year out, don't "overtrain" before the world cup. Mr Potatohead found himself to be the biggest ego in the club and has been swinging his considerable weight around. There is still no one decent pulling strings in midfield - and even if Kagawa was secretly shit all along, Mata certainly isn't, which suggests, again, that something else is problematic.

Look at LFC. That's like United last season, a team punching well above its weight. Only instead of a bunch of seasoned pros at the fag end of their careers having one last glorious charge, it's a bunch of mostly kids learning how to stick the knife in, early and often. None of the significant players for Liverpool joined since January 2013. I'm excluding Mingolet as he's let in a fair few howlers for all his brilliant saves.

If LFC can go from 7th to 2nd with the same starting team, why can't United go the other way?

Yeah, I blame Moyes. The squad has won the league going away.

I still have difficulty with that argument, as good as SAF was.
They won the league by a distance last year. That was all down to him yelling at them?

It's an old team that's another year older. That's certainly been an issue with the defence where Ferdinand has at least been able to put in decent performances even though he hasn't been able to play more than a game a week. This season it looks like he can't even perform when he plays.

It's an old team that's another year older. That's certainly been an issue with the defence where Ferdinand has at least been able to put in decent performances even though he hasn't been able to play more than a game a week. This season it looks like he can't even perform when he plays.

read something the other day that said he might not play for them again

Is that accurate?

Bi2cJ-KCMAAZ1dy.jpg

Like most liverpool supporters I am generally staying schtum on this issue until the end of the season (except here now, obviously). Or at least til we see what happens at OT.

All we can talk about for now is individual games and the various media observations that are being endlessly recycled when they lose. Each time they win it's less fuss, and it's "pressure off" etc. But truth is they aren't all that far off, and with Rooney and RVP to come back, they can still put out a better team than most. The feeling is that it's going wrong, but feelings have been proven wrong many times, which is why bookies rarely go bust.

If there were a clearer gap between the top 4 and the rest I'd be laughing, or even if one or two clubs were running off with it and they were scrapping around with the rest. But as it is, everything is still in flux.

am now laughing

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back