Minor complaints thread (37 Viewers)

Case in point, during the changeover just now:

Head day nurse is talking about me, saying my oxygen levels are a bit low. He says it's because of some bruising on his back.

Some bruising on my back? I've got three broken ribs I exclaimed through the curtain. No surprise I'm not able to take deep breaths. It's like she's someone who's winging it.
Any TV bro?

Any TV bro?

There's a TV for only £6.33/day.

I was told the DAB radio was free, but it's not DAB, and only two tuned in Stations.
The wall sockets are far away from the bed so I can't even scroll charge on phonio.

@Reets: I'm ok, but Coughing is really difficult. No one seems to know why I'm here.

There's a TV for only £6.33/day.

I was told the DAB radio was free, but it's not DAB, and only two tuned in Stations.
The wall sockets are far away from the bed so I can't even scroll charge on phonio.

@Reets: I'm ok, but Coughing is really difficult. No one seems to know why I'm here.
Shit a brick. What a weird price point.

Rest up.

Shit a brick. What a weird price point.

Rest up.

It really is a terrible set up.
First off, look at the size of this set up? And there's one on every bed of this huge place. Imagine the cost? and its crap.
For a shit screen which I believe is some old IPTV thing. The sound is brutal as well.

You do get a little bit of free news at certain times, but then there's a Sky sports package and a movies package.

Oh and there's a VOIP phone with "Free outgoing calls". WOW!
Incoming calls cost the caller a quid a minute apparently. That, as far as I can see, is nothing more than taking advantage of vulnerable people.

Attachments

• IMG_20240413_083407.jpg
    IMG_20240413_083407.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
It really is a terrible set up.
First off, look at the size of this set up? And there's one on every bed of this huge place. Imagine the cost? and its crap.
For a shit screen which I believe is some old IPTV thing. The sound is brutal as well.

You do get a little bit of free news at certain times, but then there's a Sky sports package and a movies package.

Oh and there's a VOIP phone with "Free outgoing calls". WOW!
Incoming calls cost the caller a quid a minute apparently. That, as far as I can see, is nothing more than taking advantage of vulnerable people.
God bless the NHS!

I'm still confect a way of blaming the Tories, for treating ares that don't vote for them worse. Or something. The above contraption dates from 2001, and they did try very hard to shut this place a few years ago.

People in work who seem to think adding a small 'A/L' at the top of their calendar is the right way to signal you're not going to be working instead of making it an all day appointment and clicking show as Out of Office.

People in work who seem to think adding a small 'A/L' at the top of their calendar is the right way to signal you're not going to be working instead of making it an all day appointment and clicking show as Out of Office.
Personal calendar = all day event called “Annual Leave”, Show as Out of Office, set automatic replies to issue for the day
Group calendar = all day event called persons initials + A/L, Show as free

Himself has been testing the limits of my “I don’t care” relaxed attitude regarding our wedding. Once I feel comfortable (since I need to be on show, which I hate) and the music is good, the rest doesn’t really matter to me.

He said when it comes to the I do part his response is gonna be, “I yabba dabba do!”

And

His son has learned the wedding march to seamlessly flow into the Top Gun Theme song.

Complaint: I’m not sure he’s joking anymore. I might actually care and that annoys me. I don’t want to be that person.

Himself has been testing the limits of my “I don’t care” relaxed attitude regarding our wedding. Once I feel comfortable (since I need to be on show, which I hate) and the music is good, the rest doesn’t really matter to me.

He said when it comes to the I do part his response is gonna be, “I yabba dabba do!”

And

His son has learned the wedding march to seamlessly flow into the Top Gun Theme song.

Complaint: I’m not sure he’s joking anymore. I might actually care and that annoys me. I don’t want to be that person.

feels. Talk to each other about this is what I'd say from experience. My experience was different than yours.

I might actually care and that annoys me. I don’t want to be that person.
If you might care you oughta raise it with him. Could be a stone in your shoe for a long time if he's not joking - Mrs. egg_ gave me shit for years for not kissing her properly during the kissing bit, if I'd known it mattered I've have made more effort. There's no shame in wanting your wedding to be a little bit romantic (or a little bit goofy, or both)

If you might care you oughta raise it with him. Could be a stone in your shoe for a long time if he's not joking - Mrs. egg_ gave me shit for years for not kissing her properly during the kissing bit, if I'd known it mattered I've have made more effort. There's no shame in wanting your wedding to be a little bit romantic (or a little bit goofy, or both)
Oh I’m not really upset or anything… it’s minor. I’d probably laugh if he actually said Yabba Dabba Do. It goes with his personality I adore, outgoing and goofy.

The only irk would be the music because I compromised and agreed to a more traditional wedding, I want to walk down the aisle to a song I chose. I’m 90% sure he’s joking anyway and I know if I put my foot down (so to speak) it would not be an issue. We can walk out to Top Gun. 😂

That said, are unlocked MP3s something that can still be found or purchased? I want to loop an intro to a song for the aisle but can only get files I can’t edit.

Oh I’m not really upset or anything… it’s minor. I’d probably laugh if he actually said Yabba Dabba Do. It goes with his personality I adore, outgoing and goofy.

The only irk would be the music because I compromised and agreed to a more traditional wedding, I want to walk down the aisle to a song I chose. I’m 90% sure he’s joking anyway and I know if I put my foot down (so to speak) it would not be an issue. We can walk out to Top Gun. 😂

That said, are unlocked MP3s something that can still be found or purchased? I want to loop an intro to a song for the aisle but can only get files I can’t edit.
I can try and loop it for you, if you have a file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back