Minor complaints thread (16 Viewers)

Brain fog and insomnia.

A couple weeks ago I couldn’t find my car keys. I looked everywhere in the house. Finally, I gave up and was like… maybe I left them in the car? I had gone shopping and had a lot to bring in and thought, maybe I left them in the boot? Nope, I left them in the DOOR! Anyone could have walked up during the night, come in robbed us and taken my car! I was lucky.

Last night sometime around 2am I heard keys in the door. I had just gone to bed (himself had gone to sleep much earlier in a different room) and I was in that groggy like state so I wasn’t sure if it was real or a dream. My first thought was, fuck, I left my keys in the door again! I got up, walked down the hall and looked out the second story window onto the driveway and my car was gone!

I heard a noise from downstairs, so I grabbed a vase (heaviest thing near me) and start walking down the stairs. Next I see parkour (my cat) at the bottom and I always lock him downstairs at night because he’s a terror for waking me up. So I knew someone had been in to open the sitting room door. I continue down the stairs quietly and start looking around ready to smash anyone that might be there.

No one is there and nothing is gone. So I double check the driveway but my car is still gone. Filled with dread, I go back upstairs to wake and tell himself my car was stolen and what an idiot I am for leaving my keys in the door. To which he responds, no it’s not stolen, I moved it.

Turns out, he woke up a little after 2am, thought it was 6am, got up, took a shower, grabbed his camera gear and headed out the door only to realise he was 4 hours too early to leave for his shoot in Meath. He noticed I was parked behind him so moved my car to the street and went back to bed.

We were sleeping in different rooms because I had today off work and he didn’t want to wake me (I’m a light sleeper) in the morning. Meanwhile, what I thought was a few minutes from hearing the key in the door and getting up to check was actually 3 hours! I fell asleep and woke up thinking no time had passed!

We have an appointment to get that green book thing late this afternoon, so when I thought my car was stolen I kept thinking this is a bad omen. Then it switched to, omg, who moves a car at 2am! I could strangle you! Also not a good omen. 😂

A vase! 😂 He keeps laughing at me and thinks it’s hilarious.

It is kinda funny in all fairness.
The absolute stress and fear met with laughter… I could have killed him. Never in a million years would I have thought he’d get up in the middle of the night and move my car. Dude loves his sleep.

Hours later, yeah, kinda funny but not at the time! I still feel jittery. Good to know I’m a woman of action, even if 3 hours too late.

how does someone get up four hours early and manage to shower, dress, and leave the house without realising their mistake?
Agreed! Thank you!

Although it might have been that I stressed he needed to be back in time for the appointment or we couldn’t be legally married due to the backlog of appointments? Truly bizarre. When I woke him up, he was fully dressed. 😂

I just left the house and took a padlock with me instead of house keys. I’ve a load of ikea bags with me and I look pretty homeless.
My sister walked 20 mins to get here so I could bring her shopping, so I feel even more like a twat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back