Minor complaints thread (15 Viewers)

jesus, thats almost as bad as someone saying they don't put butter on their bread
welllll

Kinda been out of the butter world for a few years. If i'm eating bread there's usually enough oils floating about the place to make it pointless. mayonaise/eggs/tinned fishes and whatnot.

I did have some this week though.

I like the flavour of bread rather than the flavour of salt*

*this is what butter actually tastes like

Nice bread is nice bread, but I cannot countenance the besmirchment of butter.
Maybe you're used to crappy butter or something.

And it doesn't taste like salt to me. There's probably more salt in the nice bread than there is in the butter.

Nice bread is nice bread, but I cannot countenance the besmirchment of butter.
Maybe you're used to crappy butter or something.

And it doesn't taste like salt to me. There's probably more salt in the nice bread than there is in the butter.

I'm used to very good* butter tbh. At some point though i stepped away from it and stopped having it in the house. Maybe it was that time UTM ate 500g of butter over a weekend while I was away working because he has no concept of food. Anywhooo I'll use it once in a blue moon but mostly olive and fish oils occupy that part of my life now. It is fat with salt in it and in a modern diet, salt is in fucking everything. If you are on a 1960s style rural ireland diet it has a much more important role.

*I grew up in a dairy region where the neighbours used to drop off their excess home made stuff

I suppose you know better than me, but even very very good bread does have a significant amount of salt. Butter is 2% max.

Is this UTM headlining the Thumped xmas party? He should.

And I guess I have a 1960's diet, but with bagels and gyoza.

Is this UTM headlining the Thumped xmas party? He should.
Only if it's wildly expensive and pointless.

I think my transition from butter was also influenced by a friend who got into italian styled cooking for ages and talked a lot about the differences between butter and olive oil as your source of oils.

I'm sorta thinking out loud a bit.

Don't get me wrong, good Italian bread with good Italian oil is awesome.

I just really like butter. When I last was home, I nearly fell off the chair when I had a bit of bread with butter. Then mum told me that is was just Tesco own brand butter. The difference between butter in Ireland and elsewhere is profound.

Butter is fucking amazing. It definitely tastes salty but to say it just tastes of salt is boggling. It’s creamy and lovely, try unsalted butter if you don’t believe me.

Na
Nah, bollocks.

People overfilled kettles on a stove because hot water is handy to have, and the range is burning in any case. Old timey kettles would whistle of course.
And as Reets says, you're always making tae anyway.
We used to use stovetop kettles and I think we totalled three or four of them because we’d walk off and the whistle would just become part of the background noise of the house when it happened. The sudden smell of melting plastic would alert us to something being wrong..:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back