Minor complaints thread (11 Viewers)

This sucks massive balls
The money, the stress, all of it

Get something German. Get a Bosch with all the warranties and service agreements and put all of this shit behind you.
If you can.

Good luck, man.
But Bosch make crappy impact drivers.

I'm rather fond of my DeWalt driver. Although probably didn't need to get the 4Ah batteries that last me a couple months between charges.

Actually for impacts, Panasonic is the one, followed by Japanese import Makita.

But I'm all DeWalt. It's in my price range and it is good stuff.Currently wearing DeWalt sunglasses and DeWalt boots.

I don't think they do fridges.

Back in my furniture fitting days we used Festool who are phenomenal but alas they also don't do fridges. Maybe a nice cooler instead?

I'm married to DeWalt cos of the batteries. Impact driver is a beast.
Anything plug in like a hammerdrill - I'd go Makita or Bosch.

Festool is some precision (and pricey AF) stuff. Real pro gear.

It doesn't actually matter which of these pics comes first or last chronologically, it's been a shit show every day.

The water company (the one that announced that they are £14billion in debt, but renumerated their execs and shareholders well for years), dug up a big old trench in the road and left it.

The point of the trench is to put in water pipes in to provide water to the gentroplex across the road there, but they haven't.

In the meantime, all kinds of crazy motorists, moped delivery people, cyclists have had a go at breaching the trench.

Actually in one of those pics, you'll notice that after every other idiot had a go at the fences, there's actual "POLICE LINE, DO NOT CROSS" tape being used. Just like in the movies.
That stopped no one.

I really want someone to get the stuck in the trench. As far as I can see that'd be the only effective roadblock.

It's all fixed now, but they did erect this helpful sign today:

Attachments

• IMG_20230706_174916.jpg
    IMG_20230706_174916.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Actually for impacts, Panasonic is the one, followed by Japanese import Makita.

But I'm all DeWalt. It's in my price range and it is good stuff.Currently wearing DeWalt sunglasses and DeWalt boots.

I don't think they do fridges.

Yeah I own a good few dewalt tools and big batteries.

Got a cheapo strimmer there in screwfix during the week with no charger and batteries BUT I found and ordered dewalt battery adaptor from Amazon hurray! (Last place online that sell / post to Ireland, otherwise fuck Amazon)

No love for Hilti? If I had the money I’d buy them for everything.
when i was working on sites they'd often be running Hilti stuff, it was skookum enough.

I think they do a fleet maintenance for it, like businesses buy them en masse then Hilti just round up all the tools once a while for repairs. Almost like they are more interested in big contracts like that, over selling stuff to individual punters?

I'm not sure if I remember seeing Hilti regularly for sale in normal tool shops? I'm sure you can buy it, but for some reason I just don't see it around as much. I might be getting mixed up with US shops admittedly.

when i was working on sites they'd often be running Hilti stuff, it was skookum enough.

I think they do a fleet maintenance for it, like you buy them en masse then Hilti just round up all the tools once a while for repairs. Almost like they are more interested in big contracts like that, over selling stuff to individual punters?

I'm not sure if I remember seeing Hilti regularly for sale in normal tool shops? I'm sure you can buy it, but for some reason I just don't see it around as much. I might be getting mixed up with US shops admittedly.

Yeah our company had hilti everything. Quick replacements but the high number of failures was crazy. And They are heavier and feel slower

Tried to give me hilti drills and I told them to keep them. Now we are all back to dewalt/Milwaukee

Yeah our company had hilti everything. Quick replacements but the high number of failures was crazy. And They are heavier and feel slower

Tried to give me hilti drills and I told them to keep them. Now we are all back to dewalt/Milwaukee
Yeah. I guess I can't really do a speed comparison, but they had a fair amount of gravity in them.

Honestly I liked them, certainly the bigger Kangos and stuff. But I didn't really have anything to compare it too. The abuse stuff took on sites is unreal, anyway I think I'd be quite happy if something broke because I'd have a nice quiet saunter over to the shed to get a new one.

I'm also talking 20 plus years ago, maybe their quality has gone down. I would have had a tier system:
Makita and Hilti would be on top. Maybe Hilti edging it.
I never used Festool. Then you have "good" stuff, like DeWalt or whatever. Then you'd descend off down into the shite I typically buy now which is whatever they're flogging in Lidl.

I'm rather fond of my DeWalt driver. Although probably didn't need to get the 4Ah batteries that last me a couple months between charges.
i use what i guess is their entry level battery drill, and it's the business. 5 years old, and still going strong. its main use is for sanding stuff on the lathe, so i can easily drain one small battery in an evening.

I'm married to DeWalt cos of the batteries. Impact driver is a beast.
Anything plug in like a hammerdrill - I'd go Makita or Bosch.

Festool is some precision (and pricey AF) stuff. Real pro gear.

I was a real fancy pro at the time. 100 grand kitchens and the like. Thankfully the tools were supplied by the boss. The skillsaw type saw with the track was a game changer, think most companies have their own version now.

Funny enough my plug in drill is a really old Makita I inherited.

if there were any middle aged men on thumped they'd love this conversation.

one of the lads in our woodturning chapter who's a professional carpenter slightly outraged the 'any tool is good' crowd by telling them he'd instantly send anyone home, who turned up on site with a parkide or workzone tool.

i've a forstner bit i bought in goughs on mary street, for probably 15 quid, which maybe eight years later, is still sharper than the forstner bits aldi were selling, than they were straight out of the box

if there were any middle aged men on thumped they'd love this conversation.

one of the lads in our woodturning chapter who's a professional carpenter slightly outraged the 'any tool is good' crowd by telling them he'd instantly send anyone home, who turned up on site with a parkide or workzone tool.

i've a forstner bit i bought in goughs on mary street, for probably 15 quid, which maybe eight years later, is still sharper than the forstner bits aldi were selling, than they were straight out of the box

If.

I've killed quite a few aldi/lidl tools but the drill press and toaster ovens are still going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back