Minor complaints thread (14 Viewers)

This was very,very nearly a very major complaint.

Brought Eoin to his summer camp ( July provisions) this morning and went to open the door to wheel him out. Not happening,tried a bunch of shit and another bus driver tried helping but nothing.

No way of getting him out and definitely no way of getting his chair out even if we did.
So we call the dealer ( we just got the car two weeks ago) and make out way over. The whole time I'm trying to find a solution because everything says just take the panel off from the inside to fix any lock issues. Oh yeah? What about the big ramp folded up in the way creating no access to any where near the lock.

Anyway,we get there and the mechanic starts messing around doing everything we had tried and somehow it opens!!!!!!

But what if it happens again? I suggested a hole on the ramp to allow access to the release button from the inside. 10 minutes later and it's done and the dealer is contacting the manufacturer or someone to do with the ramps or something because a major flaw has been identified.

And we got home ok.

That’s a really stupid flaw, especially as cars with wheelchair ramps are so expensive to begin with. Did he make it to camp after that?

That’s a really stupid flaw, especially as cars with wheelchair ramps are so expensive to begin with. Did he make it to camp after that?

No missed out today. But he'll be back again tomorrow.

Had it not opened,or if it wasan emergency the back of the car would possibly have to be cut off .
This was what I suggested for future,and it took no time. The yellow is a button to release the lock

Attachments

• IMG_20230704_161013.jpg
    IMG_20230704_161013.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
It doesn't actually matter which of these pics comes first or last chronologically, it's been a shit show every day.

The water company (the one that announced that they are £14billion in debt, but renumerated their execs and shareholders well for years), dug up a big old trench in the road and left it.

The point of the trench is to put in water pipes in to provide water to the gentroplex across the road there, but they haven't.

In the meantime, all kinds of crazy motorists, moped delivery people, cyclists have had a go at breaching the trench.

Actually in one of those pics, you'll notice that after every other idiot had a go at the fences, there's actual "POLICE LINE, DO NOT CROSS" tape being used. Just like in the movies.
That stopped no one.

I really want someone to get the stuck in the trench. As far as I can see that'd be the only effective roadblock.

Attachments

• IMG_20230704_172349.jpg
    IMG_20230704_172349.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230702_180453.jpg
    IMG_20230702_180453.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230702_012202.jpg
    IMG_20230702_012202.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 15
I misread my schedule and showed up for a job that actually happened in June.
I also then thought I had completely missed another job for yesterday, but that was also in June.

Not a catastrophe but I was pretty stressed for a moment. A strange little jaunt into town for no reason.

I misread my schedule and showed up for a job that actually happened in June.
I also then thought I had completely missed another job for yesterday, but that was also in June.

Not a catastrophe but I was pretty stressed for a moment. A strange little jaunt into town for no reason.

Further to this, the work I thought I had today was also actually in June. I only realised last night at about 22:00, as I was setting alarms for 05:30.

Less work=less money.
But silver lining is less work=less chance of fucking up.
Also, Thinking I had a busy week ahead has kept me motivated this last while.

Still trying to get our fridge fixed/replaced. LG has now introduced their "trusted service company" in the rep of Ireland which they neglected to mention up until now. Prior to this, they said they have no engineers in the rep of Ireland.

The invoice the private engineer provided isn't good enough for them as it's missing vat information.
I asked if they'd accept a new receipt/invoice if it had those details that they would then refund us

Pause- "We only use our trusted service provider"

So I've wasted over 100 quid on these private engineers?

pause- "Sorry"

So we need to confirm the component is broken. Then ring this new place about sourcing a replacement component. Then find someone to install it.

More time, more money. And in the end, it probably cannot be fixed anyway.

We're giving up and buying a new fridge

Further to this, the work I thought I had today was also actually in June. I only realised last night at about 22:00, as I was setting alarms for 05:30.

Less work=less money.
But silver lining is less work=less chance of fucking up.
Also, Thinking I had a busy week ahead has kept me motivated this last while.
Enjoy that London summer my man!

Go to the park,at 6am after staying up all night.

came off my bike there... coming up to a sharp corner, moved to center of road with all appropriate hand signaling etc. but didn't slow enough coming into turn, braked too hard and bike spilled out from under me.

sore hip and shoulder - but given how busy and tight the road normally is could very easily have been a major complaint of being dead or seriously injured., and I'd be posting from the beyond...

came off my bike there... coming up to a sharp corner, moved to center of road with all appropriate hand signaling etc. but didn't slow enough coming into turn, braked too hard and bike spilled out from under me.

sore hip and shoulder - but given how busy and tight the road normally is could very easily have been a major complaint of being dead or seriously injured., and I'd be posting from the beyond...
ow, look after yourself. you've a sore and stiff day or 2 ahead of you so feet up and take it handy

Still trying to get our fridge fixed/replaced. LG has now introduced their "trusted service company" in the rep of Ireland which they neglected to mention up until now. Prior to this, they said they have no engineers in the rep of Ireland.

The invoice the private engineer provided isn't good enough for them as it's missing vat information.
I asked if they'd accept a new receipt/invoice if it had those details that they would then refund us

Pause- "We only use our trusted service provider"

So I've wasted over 100 quid on these private engineers?

pause- "Sorry"

So we need to confirm the component is broken. Then ring this new place about sourcing a replacement component. Then find someone to install it.

More time, more money. And in the end, it probably cannot be fixed anyway.

We're giving up and buying a new fridge

This sucks massive balls
The money, the stress, all of it

Get something German. Get a Bosch with all the warranties and service agreements and put all of this shit behind you.
If you can.

Good luck, man.

Rest up, be careful with the noggin for the next day or so. Even if your head didn't hit the ground your brain may have bounced off the inside of your skull. Still potential for a concussion/a sub-concussive blow.

Hope you feel ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back