Minor complaints thread (14 Viewers)

Here's a WIP on redoing my (dirty) workshop. The frame is gonna be a wee powder coating and paint booth. Drill press needs a new home and the screen printing table needs a very good clean up.

Can see one of DeWalts driver there too.

IMG_20230630_175506.jpg

IMG_20230630_185231.jpg

came off my bike there... coming up to a sharp corner, moved to center of road with all appropriate hand signaling etc. but didn't slow enough coming into turn, braked too hard and bike spilled out from under me.

sore hip and shoulder - but given how busy and tight the road normally is could very easily have been a major complaint of being dead or seriously injured., and I'd be posting from the beyond...
any aches this morning?

i've fainted at least once, and possibly twice over minor injuries - and the faint happens usually about ten minutes after. i'm not particularly squeamish, i'm able to deal with the minor injury, but the trouble begins when i get to relax after dealing with the minor drama, and it's at that point my body goes 'oh, you're safe now? i'll switch off that adrenaline and let you get a little sleep'.

the one time i know it happened was when i chopped a very thin sliver off the top of my finger when chopping carrots.

i've fainted at least once, and possibly twice over minor injuries - and the faint happens usually about ten minutes after. i'm not particularly squeamish, i'm able to deal with the minor injury, but the trouble begins when i get to relax after dealing with the minor drama, and it's at that point my body goes 'oh, you're safe now? i'll switch off that adrenaline and let you get a little sleep'.

the one time i know it happened was when i chopped a very thin sliver off the top of my finger when chopping carrots.
Similar thing happened to be years ago.
Cut my hand using a blade at work, washed it out, all good. Had a little sit down on a bench. Woke up on the floor after passing out and whacking my head on the edge of a table. Very lucky, big cut just above my eye, still have the scar. A few mm difference and it would have been my eye.
I'm glad I missed the whole thing, co-workers seemed more shook than I was.

The skillsaw type saw with the track was a game changer, think most companies have their own version now.
That track by Festool is still the gold standard (if going by carpentry vids on Youtube is any guide)

Had to refer to my girlfriend as my partner in a business e-mail.

Nothing wrong with people using the term, I just have a preference not to.

But I thought it might be more professional sounding.
Bring back the term "common law wife"

I like a bit of radio Nova....even if they are contributing to turning rock music into a museum.
had nova on in the car earlier, and they played one of those vox pop style ads for themselves, where people croon over how good they are.
the last one was a bit weird though - 'i like nova because i've never turned on nova and heard a song i didn't know'.

that's not something to boast about.

People* used to make their own tracks - it is interesting how accuracy can be a sales pitch now.

*carpenters before a hobbyist version of the construction industry came to market. Also all my tracks are DIY..

People* used to make their own tracks
There's a bunch of hacks for making your own on YouTube

But the lads I see using them are the ones making like €12,000 custom tables or some cabinet that fits together better than NASA could do it.
Dudes be getting precise.

had nova on in the car earlier, and they played one of those vox pop style ads for themselves, where people croon over how good they are.
the last one was a bit weird though - 'i like nova because i've never turned on nova and heard a song i didn't know'.

that's not something to boast about.
It's their target market tho
Reliable, play the hits, let me remember when I was young etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back