Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

There's a bunch of hacks for making your own on YouTube

But the lads I see using them are the ones making like €12,000 custom tables or some cabinet that fits together better than NASA could do it.
Dudes be getting precise.
funny, when i see youtube video titles like 'here's how i turned this barn door into a $18,000 table', my usual response is to block the channel.
the videos usually show them pouring possibly thousands of dollars worth of resin.

funny, when i see youtube video titles like 'here's how i turned this barn door into a $18,000 table', my usual response is to block the channel.
the videos usually show them pouring possibly thousands of dollars worth of resin.
Lots of epoxy alright
But people are paying for it

Once you've hacked the market (how to sell your shit), I'd reckon the skills would follow soon enough

The videos that annoy me most are the primarily American ones with the huge amounts of sacrificial materials used at every stage of the process. They should be obliged to show the bin full of toxins beside the showpiece at the end of the video

Using resin is very popular in some quarters in woodturning. I've used it in a very limited sense a couple of times but I kinda hate doing so - usually I can just dump the shavings and dust into a large pile in the garden, but when I've had resin in the piece, it has to go in the bin.
Plus the amount of microplastic particles that sanding it creates must be astronomical.

People* used to make their own tracks - it is interesting how accuracy can be a sales pitch now.

*carpenters before a hobbyist version of the construction industry came to market. Also all my tracks are DIY..

My line of work does have lots of cowboys, and I am one such hombré. But I never pretend to be otherwise, and always learning.

When you're on a 40-100 grand kitchen job and you need precision to the mil it's nice to have precise tools.

on that note, sandblasting cars must create colossal amounts of microparticles? made specifically from material designed to not break down.
Aye, fine margins but I think on balance a rescued car is still less of a trash and energy thing then a whole new one.

I was thinking about Wesley treat style stuff when I posted. I really enjoy what he makes and he seems like a guy anyone could make friends with, but invariably when he makes anything twice the materials are involved and are going direct to waste.

40 to 100. That's a lot of leeway. Just saying

And quietly judging without all the facts
German kitchens like Leicht start at like 20k just to buy them, but I know they can go all the way up to 60k
And then you gotta install them

Once people are shopping for this shit, you know they just have ScroogeMcD money and you can go fairly heavy on the install

40 to 100. That's a lot of leeway. Just saying

And quietly judging without all the facts

That's a rough variance across different fit outs. I think the max we did was 120 which was two rooms. The second being called a utility but fancier and better equiped than most kitchens. Some people have too much money.

@Deadmanposting these were Bulthaup, another high end German brand. Fit out on these was included in the price along with at least one service call to relevel doors etc after the kitchen settled properly.

@Deadmanposting these were Bulthaup, another high end German brand. Fit out on these was included in the price along with at least one service call to relevel doors etc after the kitchen settled properly.
I still get emails from these people, and the kitchens all look like they belong to very happy and peaceful families of serial killers

off to clare island for a week, in a couple of days. the forecast for next week looks like wall to wall rain.
Well, the weather has so far been great.

You'd think an island like this would be the perfect place to own a bike. But the only people you see on bikes are tourists. The locals drive everywhere in battered old cars, even though most of the main places are less than 2.5km from each other.

Well, the weather has so far been great.

You'd think an island like this would be the perfect place to own a bike. But the only people you see on bikes are tourists. The locals drive everywhere in battered old cars, even though most of the main places are less than 2.5km from each other.
we're in a floating house on the shannon for a few days. When we arrived yesterday the rain was so heavy that even the ducks were running for cover. Grand today and shur I wouldn't want to be anywhere else this moment.

I've seen a few lads on bikes around, but the roads are way too narrow and windy to be good for my anxiety levels.

At a different pub.

Populated by me, the nice barlady, two old squaddies and a very couply couple.

Then just as I was leaving a random dude walked in, who I didn't get good vibes off, on first impression. Barmaid says "oh are you leaving?"
And I left. But then I thought no fuck it, I'll go back. I can't leave her with the strange dude and the randoms.
Random dude is actually her bf. And she's actually very happy to see him.

Now I am the creepy random guy. This is not a good feeling. £5 wasted

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back