Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

Have the lads making sheets in Ireland ever looked at the size of the mattresses in Ireland?

Because, no. They haven't. At the moment the sheets on the bed are reefed to a tension that is likely to explode if anyone sits on it.

That was the point of fitted sheets lads, to make things easier. Not to have to get people in to help you lever the bastards, drum tight, back into place.

I'm not saying that everything's better in Yankland, but I'm going to say the sheets might have been.

I'm having a similar issue actually. When I first had my cast on it took me about two hours to change the sheets, it kept pinging off one corner, then the other, then the other.
Do they shrink in the wash?

everything about this..

that golf is a thing, that these pricks make money from it, and that people write news stories about it.

so golf.

and Rory Mcilroy in particular.

I’m trying to watch the Oireachtas committee meeting with RTE but the site keeps crashing. I don’t think it’s had this many people on it before.

Are the sheets and/or mattress from Ikea? IIRC Ikea make stuff in different sizes to your usual Irish sizes
FFS. Thanks IKEA.
But no, some Irish make, I forget what it is now.

Yank sheets, in all their glorious capitalist glory, fit grand.

Premium Egyptian Cotton Sheet set

EsqCIR2XMAAHtvJ.jpg

For no good reason there are beds in Ireland available in

4ft and 4ft 6inches standards and this is where the sheet stretching job generally originates.

Probably got something to do with smaller room sizes or something. Handy list here:

Not a wet suit, but it's now July and I haven't got out on the kayak yet. I haven't even bought waders to do a bit of mudlarking.

I had such great plans when I moved in here but the broken wrist kinda fecked it all.

There's a new boat that's appeared outside my bedroom window. Fortuitously that's created a patch of water between our boats where driftwood floats in, but doesn't float out. I (still) have a plan to gather all the driftwood up, do manly man stuff with an axe and a wood grenade and season it so that there's wood for winter after next. Nope, none of that. I guess there's still time, but I'm wasting good drying weather, and I'll be back at work soon.

just got a cheapo one in decathlon, three quarter length. their sizing is on the small side, i had to go for large, which is a very rare occurence for me.

At a loose end today, so went to decathalon with the kid to get a bike pump.

Basically I’ve realised , it’s the sports equivalent of ikea, in that you inevitably come out 3-4 times the value of what you went in for.

Of course then we the went to ikea….

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back