Minor complaints thread (4 Viewers)

There’s music playing so loud outside that it sounds like a balrog is coming. The whole building is vibrating and there’s dogs going nuts.

*edit Rammstein are playing, I thought that was yesterday.
I retract my complaint.

I thought this weekend past was the last of the fairview park concerts.
seems there's more this weekend

edit: thats my minor complaint

It could be worse, I had to listen to Pearl Jam the other night in Marley Park when I was just trying to read in bed.
I saw photos of this. Everyone in the crowd was so old, like myself. I was but a slip of a thing when I saw them in Slane in 90-something. ( I was there for Neil Young + Booker T and the MGs)

Actually, you know what? I have the data for payouts for Stoat for all the streaming services, I'll do some sums on real data for a real band, and tell you what I find ...
Charts of per-stream payouts since 2023 for the top 5 countries where our music is listened to

Some interesting things:
  • Per-stream payouts vary a lot from country to country (maybe a factor of 10 between Ireland and Turkey)
  • The relative amounts each streamer pays out varies by country too - youtube and spotify pay around the same per-stream in Brazil, but in Mexico youtube pays double
  • Per-stream payouts vary enormously even on the same day for a particular streamer for a particular country. For example on May 31 2023 we had 7 streams in Ireland from YouTube Music - 3 of them paid out zero, the others paid out 0.00057, 0.0027, 0.0068 and 0.014 🤔
  • Spotify tends to be on the lower end of per-stream payout, but we get a little over 12x as many streams on Spotify compared to our next highest streamer (YouTube) so the vast majority (83%) of our (tiny amount of) streaming money comes from them
I guess the lesson from this for me is probably start aiming those Facebook ads we run at youtube and apple music users as well as spotify users

I saw photos of this. Everyone in the crowd was so old, like myself. I was but a slip of a thing when I saw them in Slane in 90-something. ( I was there for Neil Young + Booker T and the MGs)

I'm actually half tempted to go down to the saw doctors on sat night.

I can weep for the lost innocence of an 80s/90s rural childhood into my plastic beercup

Charts of per-stream payouts since 2023 for the top 5 countries where our music is listened to

Some interesting things:
  • Per-stream payouts vary a lot from country to country (maybe a factor of 10 between Ireland and Turkey)
  • The relative amounts each streamer pays out varies by country too - youtube and spotify pay around the same per-stream in Brazil, but in Mexico youtube pays double
  • Per-stream payouts vary enormously even on the same day for a particular streamer for a particular country. For example on May 31 2023 we had 7 streams in Ireland from YouTube Music - 3 of them paid out zero, the others paid out 0.00057, 0.0027, 0.0068 and 0.014 🤔
  • Spotify tends to be on the lower end of per-stream payout, but we get a little over 12x as many streams on Spotify compared to our next highest streamer (YouTube) so the vast majority (83%) of our (tiny amount of) streaming money comes from them
I guess the lesson from this for me is probably start aiming those Facebook ads we run at youtube and apple music users as well as spotify users
Someone here recently said they going to work out how much Spotify paid them in music royalties (or whatever the term is). Any update on that?

Either I was either gifted music downloads by artists I know online (I bought the releases when they came out on hard format) or paid for some music from a Ukrainian I wanted to donate money to. I also paid for a download of a Chilean band to test out a debit card. So I have very little downloaded music.
But I usually spend over 2000 euros a year on records.
I only realised last year that downloads are handier on a phone than a laptop!

Oh yeah - totally miniscule. Since the start of 2023 we've had around 35k streams and made a grand total of €41.14 from all streaming services combined.
Streaming revenue is a non issue then.
35,000 streams of your songs sounds pretty impressive.
If I had dozens or hundreds people enjoying something I created I would be delighted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back