MBV ATP - any reports? (1 Viewer)

i had fun at this. mbv were great (never seen them before). and i thought the holocaust fockin ROOLED!

i also really enjoyed spectrum, fucked up, buzzcocks, dirty three, josh t person and a place to bury strangers.

the bands needlessly playing again award definitely goes to lightning bolt. and they were playing on the monday too! TBC lightning bolt was lame, even though i enjoyed the gig.

BP was fun enough djing but could they not have had someone else for the saturday? did he play every night of the weekend?

we cooked our own food and enjoyed various meals with a highlight being a roast venison on saturday. yom.

also had lots of hot whiskeys.

not sure i'd bother going to an atp again though. especially if lightning bolt are booked.

I had a lethal time...

Seen MBV twice Friday night was a bit sloppy performance wise but totally euphoric cause I was with good friends having a good time. Sunday night was a lot tighter and intense especially "Soon" fucking loved...

Lightning Bold were so good it ought to be illegal...

According to the program The Fogs bass player used to be in Harvey Milk...enjoyed there set esp the song with the flute and the 15min version of that song off "Where You Been" whose name escapes me...

The Buzzcocks, Bob Mould, Harmony Rockets, EPMD and Swervedriver were also very good

Only real bummer for me was A Place To Bury Strangers.

Or "Monaghan" as my friend called them ; )

Forgot about Sonic Youth...excellent version of "Death Valley 69" and Fucked Up too...not that wild about their records but good fun live.

Did anyone see Bob Mould with No Age? What tune did he play with them?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i had fun at this. mbv were great (never seen them before). and i thought the holocaust fockin ROOLED!

i also really enjoyed spectrum, fucked up, buzzcocks, dirty three, josh t person and a place to bury strangers.

the bands needlessly playing again award definitely goes to lightning bolt. and they were playing on the monday too! TBC lightning bolt was lame, even though i enjoyed the gig.

BP was fun enough djing but could they not have had someone else for the saturday? did he play every night of the weekend?

we cooked our own food and enjoyed various meals with a highlight being a roast venison on saturday. yom.

also had lots of hot whiskeys.

not sure i'd bother going to an atp again though. especially if lightning bolt are booked.

apparently they were trying to get Godspeed for the TBC, but they couldn't so had to settle for Lightning Bolt again

Apparently MBV blew the generation when they were playing on thursday so I'd guess thats why they were bit off on Friday night. I can't believe anyone enjoyed EPMD it was one of the oddest thing I've ever seen .They spent most of their time giving shout outs to dead people and covering other peoples songs, while only ever getting thorugh about a minute of any of their own tunes.
Sun Ra Arkestra were bloody brilliant.

I can't believe anyone enjoyed EPMD it was one of the oddest thing I've ever seen

I thought it was pretty fun. Especially when they were explaining that they were legends.
Mascis' excellent obese bassist is called Kyle Spence. Played with Harvey Milk, it seems.

I thought it was pretty fun. Especially when they were explaining that they were legends.
Mascis' excellent obese bassist is called Kyle Spence. Played with Harvey Milk, it seems.

That's Dave Schools from Widespread Panic on bass. Kyle Spence is on drums, and did indeed play with Harvey Milk :)

rod%20and%20todd.jpg

im mucho confused,was atp the weekend gone or the one coming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back