Does Taylor Swift have any good songs? (2 Viewers)

card holder who bought tickets has to go as well. So all those teenagers who got parents to buy tickets won't get in unless the parent is there with the card.
So that €743 times how many kids are going plus another €743

Obviously if you got the cheaper tickets it's that instead,but still.

I work with a woman who is in her early/mid-20s and she got a ticket. I was chatting to her about Taylor Swift and learned a lot of facts. I have never seen this woman so animated about something and it was really great to see. The kind of fan she was reminded me of me but just replace Taylor Swift with Neil Young or Einstürzende Neubauten. Tracking songs played on tours, getting excited about archival releases, learning the biography, being able to put the music in context, etc.

I work with a woman who is in her early/mid-20s and she got a ticket. I was chatting to her about Taylor Swift and learned a lot of facts. I have never seen this woman so animated about something and it was really great to see. The kind of fan she was reminded me of me but just replace Taylor Swift with Neil Young or Einstürzende Neubauten. Tracking songs played on tours, getting excited about archival releases, learning the biography, being able to put the music in context, etc.
how does she put a Taylor Swift tune in context? out of interest.

a lot of gigs us lot go to are 10 or 20 Euro (or less) and they speak to all 50 of us losers personally.

Got some 80s Neubauten vinyl recently. Great stuff and fairly cheap.

edit: inevitable typos

how does she put a Taylor Swift tune in context? out of interest.

a lot of gigs us lot go to are 10 or 20 Euro (or less) and they speak to all 50 of us losers personally.

Got some 80s Neubauten vinyl recently. Great stuff and fairly cheap.

edit: inevitable typos
In context for her, she gets a meaning from it like you’ll get something from a Chilean grindcore band that you love. It doesn’t excuse the frankly sadistic level of pricing for these gigs but I get her joy at the whole thing.

Good score on the Neubauten, I never find any of their old albums except in London at London prices.

In context for her, she gets a meaning from it like you’ll get something from a Chilean grindcore band that you love. It doesn’t excuse the frankly sadistic level of pricing for these gigs but I get her joy at the whole thing.

Good score on the Neubauten, I never find any of their old albums except in London at London prices.
A DIY group (or Neubauten when they started) play music regardless of getting any monetary reward.
This is probably the only yardstick I can judge music I don't like by. People deserve respect for just playing for the love of it.

NEUBAUTEN:
Got Halber Mensch and 80-83 Strategies Against Architecture LPs German presses for 19 and 20 Euros.
Both in NM- vinyl, VG+ sleeve condition. Plus another LP for 10 Euros postage from Slovenia.
Not hard to find Neubauten's early material in my experience but good price considering the condition.

Their 2nd LP ...Patient O.T. is my favourite. Stevo gave them a big budget which could have ruined it but they used it to make a staggering record.

OT is a monster, a triumph of amphetamines, attitude and, as you say, access to studio resources far beyond what should have been available to them. Halber Mensch was recorded in Hansa Studios thanks to Stevo too. The tapes were reused to record a Depeche Mode album but Depeche Mode lifted the percussion off the Neubauten recordings first as samples. Cheeky fuckers.

watching a new episode of The Bear last night. shazammed a song thinking, thats surely Shania Twain based on that one huge song she had years ago - it sounds like her voice. Turns out it was ol Swifty. The End.

Taylor would still sing if she wasn't famous/making money, she just wouldn't get a thread on thumped. I don't think that's a solid metric tbh.

Some good tunes, so much indecipherable filler. But it's the filler of the moment and the kids are all living it together so it's beyond a question of music being good or bad now.

Nice read
Ah, came here to throw this up

Totally down with this idea that art can heal - and it doesn't have to be great art.
Like Andy plays that opera song on the tannoy in Shawshank, but it could as easily have been Nat King Cole.

I have many opinions and feelings on this subject that I will spare you all from.

Hi there, I'm really sorry but I'm currently unable to generate the image you requested. However, you might want to try using other image search options or tools that could help you create the scene you're imagining. You could also try breaking down the scene into simpler components and searching for those individually. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back