Does Taylor Swift have any good songs? (1 Viewer)

Taylor Swift Is the Greatest Songwriter of All Time​

She's a fantastic talent.
Heck of a songwriter, super performer.
And she's a star that makes people feel good about being a fan.

She's as real a deal as a phenomenally successful superstar can be.

Imagine that she has all this industry power, and she strives to use it for good.
That woman spreads so much goddamn joy, she deserves some kinda Nobel or something.

Also, she told me in this song that she loves me. Which is cool too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I appreciate she is a global megastar with frighteningly loyal fans, but after all this time I only know about one and a half songs; Shake it Off and something about Romeo and Juliet kissing under the bleachers. I'm not actively avoiding her music either.

Haha @Deadmanposting I think your current wave of joie de vivre is clouding your judgement

Haha. I mean maybe, man. Who knows. I can only see things as I am.

We know certain planets exist because of the effect they have on other bodies. TayTay's effects seem almost universally positive.
Anyone that has daughters or nieces will know that tween & teen girl joy is one of the most special things that exists.
Swift gives so much of that wonderful energy to the world, I can't see past it.

I appreciate she is a global megastar with frighteningly loyal fans, but after all this time I only know about one and a half songs; Shake it Off and something about Romeo and Juliet kissing under the bleachers. I'm not actively avoiding her music either.

The fandom seems like a virtuous circle. They love her, she loves them back.
I've seen video of fans dancing outside shows in the pouring rain - they're not even at the show. And they're singing along to every word, and they're happy as all get out. And they're not drunk or high, they are just happy to be with other humans sharing this thing.

Maybe listen to the Ryan Adams 1989 (if you care enough to see if the songs are good)
That's how I got into her. The joy followed.

In full disclosure, I'm high AF on endorphins rn

singing along to every word, and they're happy as all get out
Well if this is a measure of a performer, then all you have to do to be great is sing Fields of Athenry or Sweet Caroline in any Irish pub :p

(I'm saying this facetiously obvs, but the joy of a pub-goer roaring along with one of the above is as real as anyone else's joy)

Well if this is a measure of a performer, then all you have to do to be great is sing Fields of Athenry or Sweet Caroline in any Irish pub :p

(I'm saying this facetiously obvs, but the joy of a pub-goer roaring along with one of the above is as real as anyone else's joy)
Haha. For sure. 100%
Boozers have a ball. No doubt.
And it's as valid as any other release from life.

I suppose it's like she makes sense of the world for these girls. It's a blizzard of emotions and boys and feelings and who the heck am I? who am I gonna be? and who knows what else (a 50-something man can only understand kids so much).
But she makes them feel like all this is ok, and that it will be ok and they're not alone, and they're in it together.
Maybe that's what being drunk is like too.

If The Smiths or whoever made sense of the world for sad boys like me whose world wasn't much bigger than their bedroom and the rest of it seemed utterly daunting, then she's doing something similar for these kids. But hitting them with some upside too.

Anyways, I'm gonna stop typing. I think y'all get it.

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't cross them.

(kidding, never seen this tbh - but not doubting you)

I think the lack of respect bothers people. But that's me guessing.
Lots of these kinds of stories over the last few years

Lots of these kinds of stories over the last few years

Like I don't doubt that this happened. But also this guy seems to be enjoying making some hay off of it.

And I don't doubt that the internet is a toxic sludgehole, but I am just more drawn to the joy side of what she brings
Probably because Taylor is the reason my niece picked up a guitar

She has at least one good song, because I was listening to a friend's playlist and a good song came on and about half way through it I said "Oh, huh. This is a good song, who is this from?", and she said it was Taylor S Swift, Esquire. And I did an Obama not bad face, nodded slightly because I'd heard of Taylor Swift and I felt I'd like to convey that there was recognition on my part, and then carried on with the conversation.

Therefore at least one exists. I'm not sure which song it was, however.

She's also about 19 feet tall. Plus or minus, I'm not certain on those numbers. The take home was she's taller than I imagined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back