Mad Men Season 6 (1 Viewer)

My feelings about Pete can flip flop between disgust, pity and empathy in the space of a single episode.

I was a little surprised by how he had a go at Harry, if you remember in an earlier season he didn't understand why a client nixed his idea of trying to aim their advertising at black people (TV's or home appliances wasn't it?), I just thought at the time his incredulity was born from the amount of money that was there to be made rather than because he wasn't a racist.

But Pete's only projecting his own frustrations. He connects to the broken family as much as for what King stood for.

Yeah, I took it as if Pete feels the lost his family as perhaps MLK's family feels they lost him. Nearly blindsided hence the empathy. Although it was always a threat (in both cases), no one ever thought it would really happen? I don't think it had any thing to do with race.

*Actually empathy is probably the wrong word but my head is clogged today.

Margarine, booze and psycho sexual mind games. Brilliant stuff. I had to google who Alan Ladd was. He does look like Ken.
220px-Alan_Ladd_1950s.JPG

Great episode!

Burt:You're a real prick, you know that!
Roger: Damn it, Burt. You stole my goodbye.

Don: What did you say to me?
Silvia: I need you and nothing else will do.

Stan: No, I worked on the KKK spot, you probably heard about it. It was too hot to run.

Don: You can talk about your kid but I don't want to hear about your husband.
Silvia: I can talk about what ever I want.
Don: Can you help me find my shoes while you do it.
Silvia: You want me to look for your shoes?
Don: I want you to crawl on your hands and knees until you find them.
Silvia: They are right over there.
Don: Do it.

Hot or douchebag? Hard call but "It's easy to leave something when you're satisfied " lends more to douchebag city, methinks.

really? I watched it and haven't clue whats going on.

its like theres no storyline anymore. Just a sequence of unrelated shit that happens.

You need to pay more attention or have a better memory. It's all connected. Great episode. Props to Betty & Abe for telling it like it is and I wish Megan would just go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back