Mad Men Season 6 (1 Viewer)

The thing is lots of people like her but ultimately she shuns all of them: Pete, Kenny, Joyce and now probably Stan. She treats her boyfriend pretty miserably.

That's the thing with feeling like an outsider, no? You put up a wall and question why anyone peeks over. You're on the defense and don't feel loyalty to anyone but yourself. It's destroys any good that comes your way. Up until now her dealings with people never really bothered me, she was doing what she needed to get by. This thing with Stan, she finally let some good in her life and now she might destroy it by using it to get ahead. For me, that will make her highly unlikable.

As to her relationship with Don I would say he saw drive and talent in her rather than a kindred spirit, at least initially.

Agreed but I don't think he would have kept a vested interest if it were any of the other guys with talent in the office.

I know it's only TV and all that, but it really amazes me that because Mad Men is so slick and clever, somehow Don the maestro is rarely called out for being the absolute c&*t that he is. People seem willing enough to sympathise with or admire the chap.

I know it's only TV and all that, but it really amazes me that because Mad Men is so slick and clever, somehow Don the maestro is rarely called out for being the absolute c&*t that he is. People seem willing enough to sympathise with or admire the chap.
he's a piece of shit sometimes, but he's a fully rounded character with admirable traits as well as flaws. audience often find villains more interesting than heroes.

Oh he's a douchebag, no doubt about it. That's the thing, most people are in real life too. I've admired friends for complete cuntish moves before. We like people for their good qualities and sometimes we like them for their bad ones too. They do or say the things we wish we could, etc. However, for as much as a douchebag Don can be, he's also pretty damn caring and fucking loyal in ways others are not. He's the type of person you could count on even if he is filled with perceived faults and extramarital affairs.

That's why he's such a great character. What's more fascinating than a likeable guy who does horrible things? Especially when the uglier traits can be related to dark secrets in his past and a difficult upbringing. But, for me, he's still a hero rather than an anti-hero. He has a compassion and a sense of justice that most of the other characters just don't have despite it all. That's what really sets the show apart.

In a way it's almost cheap how they big-up his character: by making other players more immoral and also by making everyone else fascinated by him. But it's just done so darn well.

Just a few low-key LOLz this week. Stan flipping Peggy off. Roger asking if they should fire TV dude before he cashes his check. Seemed like filler episode with the best bit being the last dialogue exchange. Silvia: I pray for you. Don: For me to come back? Silvia: No, for you to find peace.

Just a few low-key LOLz this week. Stan flipping Peggy off. Roger asking if they should fire TV dude before he cashes his check. Seemed like filler episode with the best bit being the last dialogue exchange. Silvia: I pray for you. Don: For me to come back? Silvia: No, for you to find peace.

I suddenly got the feeling he was going to cry after she said that. Glad he didn't though.

Whoa, Don's monologue about kids. Brutal honesty! Gotta love Bobby: Everyone likes to go to the movies when they're sad. Very true, Bobby. Pete's kinda growing on me now. I imagine him sitting alone eating that chinese (out of the container) wondering where it all went wrong.

A few chuckles from:

Dude: There's a tear and in that tear is all the tears in the world...all the animals crying. (stan was awesome in this scene despite having no lines).

Roger: He talked me off a roof once, I kind of owed him.

Betty: I'm sure you'd go to Canada on your knees for your girlfriend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back