Mad Men Season 6 (2 Viewers)

My feelings about Pete can flip flop between disgust, pity and empathy in the space of a single episode.

I was a little surprised by how he had a go at Harry, if you remember in an earlier season he didn't understand why a client nixed his idea of trying to aim their advertising at black people (TV's or home appliances wasn't it?), I just thought at the time his incredulity was born from the amount of money that was there to be made rather than because he wasn't a racist.

But Pete's only projecting his own frustrations. He connects to the broken family as much as for what King stood for.

Yeah, I took it as if Pete feels the lost his family as perhaps MLK's family feels they lost him. Nearly blindsided hence the empathy. Although it was always a threat (in both cases), no one ever thought it would really happen? I don't think it had any thing to do with race.

*Actually empathy is probably the wrong word but my head is clogged today.

Margarine, booze and psycho sexual mind games. Brilliant stuff. I had to google who Alan Ladd was. He does look like Ken.
220px-Alan_Ladd_1950s.JPG

Great episode!

Burt:You're a real prick, you know that!
Roger: Damn it, Burt. You stole my goodbye.

Don: What did you say to me?
Silvia: I need you and nothing else will do.

Stan: No, I worked on the KKK spot, you probably heard about it. It was too hot to run.

Don: You can talk about your kid but I don't want to hear about your husband.
Silvia: I can talk about what ever I want.
Don: Can you help me find my shoes while you do it.
Silvia: You want me to look for your shoes?
Don: I want you to crawl on your hands and knees until you find them.
Silvia: They are right over there.
Don: Do it.

Hot or douchebag? Hard call but "It's easy to leave something when you're satisfied " lends more to douchebag city, methinks.

really? I watched it and haven't clue whats going on.

its like theres no storyline anymore. Just a sequence of unrelated shit that happens.

You need to pay more attention or have a better memory. It's all connected. Great episode. Props to Betty & Abe for telling it like it is and I wish Megan would just go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back