is it the olympics yet? (1 Viewer)

Football and basketball should be removed too.Ryan giggs and Kobe Bryant as Olympians?Its just not cricket.

Disagree. There is this thing about it being an amateur event but I don't understand how - maybe someone can enlighten? Surely all of the athletes (Bolt et al) cannot be considered amateurs. They race all over the world and make a fair wad of cash. I have no objection to a professional being at the olympics, surely it should be about the best in the world?

The argument should be that the olympics should be the pinnacle of that particular sport. It's patently not the case with football, tennis or basketball. Can't get into them at all, i can watch them whenever. And beach volleyball can fuck off.

Disagree. There is this thing about it being an amateur event but I don't understand how - maybe someone can enlighten? Surely all of the athletes (Bolt et al) cannot be considered amateurs. They race all over the world and make a fair wad of cash. I have no objection to a professional being at the olympics, surely it should be about the best in the world?

Well Im unsure as to how the amateur/professional thing works myself.
Wasn't finished that-Is it not the case with a lot of athletes that its the Olympics themselves that bring the athlete to prominence,with the football/basketball superstars it just seems like an ego trip-I've already won everything I can in football now I want an Olympic medal.

The argument should be that the olympics should be the pinnacle of that particular sport. It's patently not the case with football, tennis or basketball. Can't get into them at all, i can watch them whenever. And beach volleyball can fuck off.

Olympics have great PR over it but this idea that it's the absolute pinnacle is bullshit. The quality of the Judo (which is the second best sport in the games ... FACT!!!!*) World Championships is higher than the olympics (they allow more Japanese in). Doubt Bradley Wiggins will feel 2012 was a bust if he doesn't win a gold either. For that matter is it harder for Usain Bolt to win a 100m in the Olympics than in the worlds? Or are the weights the weightlifting any heavier at the olympics than any other day?

Also, fair play to Annalise thingy for being good at sailing, good for her, but I don't think about sailing for 207 weeks out of 208 so I'm not going to get all excited about someone from the same rock as me maybe winning something during that one other week that I remember that her sport is a thing.

Also don't give a shit if Katie Taylor wins something, or the dude boxers for that matter.

* FACT!!!!!!!!

406204_10151139773991042_673403629_n.jpg

Olympics have great PR over it but this idea that it's the absolute pinnacle is bullshit. The quality of the Judo (which is the second best sport in the games ... FACT!!!!*) World Championships is higher than the olympics (they allow more Japanese in). Doubt Bradley Wiggins will feel 2012 was a bust if he doesn't win a gold either. For that matter is it harder for Usain Bolt to win a 100m in the Olympics than in the worlds? Or are the weights the weightlifting any heavier at the olympics than any other day?

Also, fair play to Annalise thingy for being good at sailing, good for her, but I don't think about sailing for 207 weeks out of 208 so I'm not going to get all excited about someone from the same rock as me maybe winning something during that one other week that I remember that her sport is a thing.

Also don't give a shit if Katie Taylor wins something, or the dude boxers for that matter.

* FACT!!!!!!!!
well....i could argue the toss here.....but ...

Wiggins fucked up my argument a bit this afternoon too, bet he feels super awesome now.

Sideburened wanker.

in fairness he was one of about 10 riders who gave a shit. Likewise last saturday, fuck all riders really give 2 fucks about the Olympics. No one that didn't win, other than Cavendish (who the media unfairly elevated to a level that could only result in him falling flat on his face in spectacular fashion) cares 2 fucks that they didn't win.

Paul Kimmage tore Roche and Dan Martin a new arsehole today in an interview, saying it was the worst performance ever in cycling by Irish athletes. Probably a bit harsh, but I'd imagine neither Roche nor Martin care a damn. Roche was on the plane to Belgium the night of the RR, while Martin hung around and watched a load of the aquatic events, which I'd imagine he may have looked forward to moreso than the event he participated in.

The Olympic Village sounds like great craic altogether. I'd say Roy Keane would have had a field day. All the booze and cheese sandwiches you could possibly want, any time of the day or night, and all for free! And the sex! Don't get me started on the sex! I'd go, lose spectacularly in my chosen field (what's the fattest you can be at the Olympics? The 800m float?) and stuff my pockets with food. And the sex! Don't get me started on the sex! Fair play to everyone.

This guy is my hero, suddenly.

There's a baffling array of "sports" at this yoke. Brits are wetting themselves cos some guy shot something.

They have bizarre body shapes, like the rest of us will look after a couple of millenia of evolution, or vaguely human looking aliens from Star Trek.

You tell them apart by the togs I guess.

The other problem is they look like cadavers when they walk out with the hats on. You can tell the different ethnic groups apart, but all the white ass swimmers look the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back