Ireland (11 Viewers)

You'd need to ask the question; is it because they're going to private schools or is it because rich people are more likely to try shit because they know they'll get away with it?

I'd say it is, but it's mixed with Public School types see it as a joke in the first place. There's a different perception of doing antisocial stuff which relates to your class. Acting the prick if you're rich is just the boys being inveterate scamps. Acting the prick if you're poor is further proof that poor people are cunts. Everyone is clear on this.

There's an additional upstream element of the getting caught and getting away with it or not part. It's the perception of the action itself is funny or not serious if upper class people do it, and vice versa. Additionally yes, they're likely going to get away with it, if they're caught. But that's after the moment, that's in slightly a different context.

Maybe.

rather than clog up the ukraine thread with talk of ireland - what effect on us would the war ending have?
in theory, the population of the country could drop by five figures from refugees returning; but if the EU and US pumped money into rebuilding ukraine, a lot of labour (which is already in short supply) in the trades would follow the money and move there. so it could have potentially a both inflationary and deflationary effect on us?

rather than clog up the ukraine thread with talk of ireland - what effect on us would the war ending have?
in theory, the population of the country could drop by five figures from refugees returning; but if the EU and US pumped money into rebuilding ukraine, a lot of labour (which is already in short supply) in the trades would follow the money and move there. so it could have potentially a both inflationary and deflationary effect on us?

I'm not so sure that the move back of refugees would be that rapid. anyone from the eastern half of the country may not have much to go back to

surely even if there was loads of rebuilding money from EU/US, labour (I'm guessing you mainly mean builders/trades) would still be getting better money in Ireland.

I'm not so sure that the move back of refugees would be that rapid. anyone from the eastern half of the country may not have much to go back to

And it's not like this thing is gonna end in any kind of final way

Russia won't respect whatever agreement is come to, and will be just waiting for their next chance to invade.

No one understands this more that Ukrainians ... and anyone else with a border on Russia

You'd need to ask the question; is it because they're going to private schools or is it because rich people are more likely to try shit because they know they'll get away with it?

When I was working in the big music shop on Grafton Street, the loss prevention guys had a pet theory that 1 in 10 of any group of Spanish students would have a go at a five-finger discount. And their reasoning was more or less that: they’re usually well-to-do middle class kids who do it for the buzz.

778495-1.jpg

This person is FROM Holy Cross

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Deadmanposting
  • chris d
  • JohnnyRaz
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back