Ireland (2 Viewers)

Last I checked who was making a killing doing stuff like renting out barriers for protests and shit was 'Actavo' that is owned by Denis O'Brien.
I'd bet money that it's some mate or subsidiary of that that is making money from overbudgeted government contracts

That's what I was getting at alright.

Last I checked who was making a killing doing stuff like renting out barriers for protests and shit was 'Actavo' that is owned by Denis O'Brien.
I'd bet money that it's some mate or subsidiary of that that is making money from overbudgeted government contracts
Yep, 'Actavo' aka the rebranded 'SiteServ' - the company that there was a government inquiry over the purchase of by O'Brien, which has done fuck all for anything but found that the sale was 'not commercially sound' due to the amount of 'impropriety' involved, and lost €119 million of state money.

Yep, 'Actavo' aka the rebranded 'SiteServ' - the company that there was a government inquiry over the purchase of by O'Brien, which has done fuck all for anything but found that the sale was 'not commercially sound' due to the amount of 'impropriety' involved, and lost €119 million of state money.
The ultimate kick to touch

They do this every time

Something so galling and it's obvious what went on, yet they put on an inquiry or tribunal so they can't even comment on it
Then by the time the report comes out no one remembers or cares

And the beat goes on....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

'major setback'

I want us to get this money
And I think it is bizarre on some level that we're fighting against getting this money

But is there any real concern that there's any kind of effect where Dell and Microsoft or whoever else get spooked and we lose our tax base long-term?
These vicious global corps are more scaredy than squirrels

Or is this the French and Germans annoyed with us for not letting them wet their beak?

These are more just thoughts than actual questions

I want us to get this money
And I think it is bizarre on some level that we're fighting against getting this money

But is there any real concern that there's any kind of effect where Dell and Microsoft or whoever else get spooked and we lose our tax base long-term?
These vicious global corps are more scaredy than squirrels

Or is this the French and Germans annoyed with us for not letting them wet their beak?

These are more just thoughts than actual questions
All of the above.

That is a mad read

We can't get out of our own way, and the costs keep going up

I love that they halved the scope and the costs managed to stay the same

That's not out of the ordinary for anywhere. Not saying it's not mad buh'

I note there was an American firm involved.

€7 a pint in Madigans? I guess that's my fault.

In my local it was €16.60 for two Guinness, lager and a vodka and soda.
Equivalent price my London local is about £21 (€24.53).

That's been a surprise about being at home. Never have I seen things being competitively priced in Ireland compared to where I live. Free range eggs? €2 from yerman down the road. €7.20 return Maynooth to Connolly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back