8 - Warszawa - 6:23
9 - Art Decade - 3:47
10 - Weeping Wall - 3:28
11 - Subterraneans - 5:42
12 - Some Are - 3:16
13 - All Saints - 3:38
14 - Sound + Vision (David Richards remix 1991) - 4:40

Overview:
Low is the eleventh studio album by British musician David Bowie, and co-produced by Bowie and Tony Visconti. Widely regarded as one of his most influential releases, Low was the first of the "Berlin Trilogy", a series of collaborations with Brian Eno (though the album was mainly recorded in France and only mixed in West Berlin). The experimental, avant-garde style would be further explored on Heroes and Lodger. The album's working title was New Music Night and Day.

Nice! Loving the Thursday night post.

How many people chose this one?

Yeah..this will be a major pleasure for me.
All big albums so far..and thats cool...won't be long before we're into the more idiosyncratic selections

I'm here for the journey..not the destination

So many great moments on this album. "Breaking Glass" and "Sound and Vision" are two of my favourite Bowie songs, I always wish "Sound and Vision" didn't fade out like it does. I could listen to it for hours.

Has anyone else noticed the nod to "A New Career in a New Town" on the last track on "Blackstar"? The harmonica sounds really similar on both.

Yes. It kills me.

Love this album. It's hard to articulate what's so good about it though. Looking forward to hearing what people have to say about it.

So this is opportune, since I just added Bowie's '70s albums as playlists in Spotify a week ago and I listened to Young Americans and Station to Station earlier today. Low comes next in the chronology anyway and I'm looking forward to it.

excellent, this should be good. Heard this first about 10 years ago and while I've heard it a good few times since, I don't think I've ever properly just sat down and properly listened. Will be pencilling it in for the coming weekend.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back