David Bowie - Low (1977) (1 Viewer)

I am already signed up to far too many things.. I can't handle another account

Great an excuse to play my record. oh wait, I dismantled my hi-fi system, darn.
I'm using Apple Music for these albums if I don't already have them. I still have a few weeks left on my trial and you can download albums and listen to them offline while your membership is active.

This album is still new to me. As well as a couple of killer rocking tunes I love the atmospheric instrumentals. I keep getting the feeling like I need to see the movie of this soundtrack I'm listening to.
If Paul McCartney, or anyone else for that matter had written "Please be mine, Share my life, Stay with me, Be my wife", everyone would have laughed at the mawkish sentimentality. But, what a song.

Giving it another play now.

If Paul McCartney, or anyone else for that matter had written "Please be mine, Share my life, Stay with me, Be my wife", everyone would have laughed at the mawkish sentimentality. But, what a song.

The context makes it come across more as desperation ("sometimes I get so lonely" etc.). Great video for this song by the way in case you haven't seen it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I thought I didn't like Low, but I think I must have been mixing it up with Station to Station

The sound in this is so mad. That snare sound on the second track. Maybe I'm too hungover to be listening to this. The slower instrumentals are just passing me by

Think Hunky Dory is still my favourite of his albums (that I know) though

Maybe it's just me but even on that modren Spotify it sounds like it's on vinyl.

The sound in this is so mad. That snare sound on the second track.

This is one of the things that has always struck me about it. The actual instrumentation is pretty conventional (there's a guitar, there's a keyboard etc.) but they are somehow put together in a way that makes them sound like nobody else - it's unique and quite weird. Would love an explanation from those of you well versed in recording and production as to what exactly is going here. If anything...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back