Ireland (3 Viewers)

Oh and on the male role models thing - I think it's plausible that if you're a boy with no actual adult men in your life, then you'll learn how men behave from TV/movies, which probably doesn't give you a terribly nuanced view of masculinity

I am involved with groups that help intervene with teenage boys who are at risk for gang activity and a criminal life
Not having a positive male role model in the house is a recognised risk factor
It's not fate or anything like it, and there are plenty of other risk factors
Teenage boys need guidance, they crave it

Pity we can't reanimate Charles Bronson.
Send him into town some evening with a couple of machine guns & a rocket launcher.
Too much work

They'd do it if the EU paid for it and staffed it and they got a photo op out of it

I've a mate working in this feild and one of the most effective things he says he does in his work is just bring young lads to the shop, plan out some food for the week, give them the wheels to take care of their health, they sort themselves out once they've just had a chance to have a bit of normal in life.

Who supplies those yokes? Ie who's making money from so many being installed.

There was some town i used to drive through and i was convinced the mayor or whatever owned a road signage company.

The above example in google maps for the sake of working it out in my head -
If the bike lane had a proper concrete verge that large family of green/amber/orange signs on the island were one pole it'd be a bit less of a clusterfuck.

Also these are stupid. You shouldn't have to tell people to drive on the road.

1694175283339.png

On the same topic, this bullshit. They are actually visible to the human eye and it looks like some failed their electrical practival exam.

1694175434015.png

compared to something like this for a starting point. Which looks like someone though about it for at least 15 minutes.

1694175488326.png

I feel like I'm on Top Gear with this kind of complaint, but we don't need this amount of road clutter. Hate it. Every junction is getting the same gear.

Google Maps

There was some town i used to drive through and i was convinced the mayor or whatever owned a road signage company.

The above example in google maps for the sake of working it out in my head -
If the bike lane had a proper concrete verge that large family of green/amber/orange signs on the island were one pole it'd be a bit less of a clusterfuck.

Also these are stupid. You shouldn't have to tell people to drive on the road.

View attachment 17607

Lads, motorists are too fucking high, distracted & stupid and they need every single one of these things and more to not kill us on our bikes and each other

Lads, motorists are too fucking high, distracted & stupid and they need every single one of these things and more to not kill us on our bikes and each other

There's a least two junctions in Galway i drive through daily and it takes me more than one look to identify which fucking traffic like is actually relevant to me because there are too many.

speaking of which, helen mcentee announced an extra €1.2m for extra gosafe vans to operate until the end of the year - which pays for an extra 1,500 hours of operation per month. that's a max of 6,000 hours - which puts the gosafe contract at €200 per hour of operation. that's some contract to have, especially for something which is utterly fucking useless.

On the topic - the last few weeks on the bike, the Audi's are winning hands down for being pricks.

Mercedes you can expect absent minded bullshit, but boy racer pointless midtown shit is 100% audi these days. BMW losing their market.

the cars i watch out for are the 10 to 15 year old passats or golves. cork, monaghan, louth regs mainly. and bonus points if they've a nurburgring sticker on the back (though i haven't seen one of them in a while).

Last I checked who was making a killing doing stuff like renting out barriers for protests and shit was 'Actavo' that is owned by Denis O'Brien.
I'd bet money that it's some mate or subsidiary of that that is making money from overbudgeted government contracts

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back