Has Dublin lost its edge? (2 Viewers)

The Lego exhibitions in Arnotts were class. I wish they still did them.

Christmas for me was queuing for Santa outside Switzers' windows. Brown Thomas have never been able to replicate that magic.

The Lego exhibitions in Arnotts were class. I wish they still did them.

Christmas for me was queuing for Santa outside Switzers' windows. Brown Thomas have never been able to replicate that magic.

Did the Santa queue at Clerys mostly, but did Switzers once: the exit went straight into the toy department, and the biggest collection of Masters of the Universe stuff I'd ever seen. My mam told me it was just a display, the toys weren't available for sale, and I bought it. What a chump.

Me: "Why does this toy have a price-tag on it?"

My mother: "Santa only makes wooden toys, he has to buy the rest of them in the shop like the everyone else."

Me: "makes sense"

Did the Santa queue at Clerys mostly, but did Switzers once: the exit went straight into the toy department, and the biggest collection of Masters of the Universe stuff I'd ever seen. My mam told me it was just a display, the toys weren't available for sale, and I bought it. What a chump.

I screamed and roared in there when my parents wouldn't buy me one those toy binocular things that you could view negative film things through

I screamed and roared in there when my parents wouldn't buy me one those toy binocular things that you could view negative film things through

these yokes?

Viewfinder.jpg

we weren't allowed get one either

The real Santa was in Switzers, that's where we went.

We used to go to the restaurant in Clerys and get burgers..WITH GRAVY on them.

They were lovely.Must make them myself

I brought a mate to a Chinese takeaway in Stoneybatter...the look of utter bewilderment on the poor girl's face when has said "kyan ah huv sum Chups n grave-eh" in his broad East Belfast accent...

Inscrutable

those East Belfast men

I brought a mate to a Chinese takeaway in Stoneybatter...the look of utter bewilderment on the poor girl's face when has said "kyan ah huv sum Chups n grave-eh" in his broad East Belfast accent...

Inscrutable

those East Belfast men

I went to a Chinese restaurant on Parnell Street with my da before and they thought he was mental when he asked for vinegar for his chips.

People in other countries put mayo on their chips like fucking savages.
I was brought up as a mayo man, when it came to condiments. That's just how I was brought up, dammit. Mind you, we didn't have sugar in my house for the longest time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back