Hardcore Is Amazing (1 Viewer)

i'm dont like using the term sell-out, but christ on a bike, eighteen visions, what happened there? heard some of their old stuff, not great by any means. like watered down less abrasive version of coalesce, now listen to 'em, good charlotte with better distorsion pedals.

i know its probably considered blasphemy by both slayer and hardcore fans alike, but i probably listen to "undisputed attitude" almost as much as i do Reign In Blood.

contraversial?

xsteox said:
i'm dont like using the term sell-out, but christ on a bike, eighteen visions, what happened there? heard some of their old stuff, not great by any means. like watered down less abrasive version of coalesce, now listen to 'em, good charlotte with better distorsion pedals.
never heard the old stuff, but anything i've heard by 18 visions is fucking pathetic. i mean beyond funny.

i love coalesce though. Revolution In Just Listening: what an album!

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Boring. ok live though.

botch boring???? each to their own. never saw botch live:( would kill to go back throu time to see them on their tour with dillinger escape plan and ananda.

I was refering to Eighteen Visions earlier. I had a Botch 7" that was ok but the lp's did nothing for me. Saw them on the last tour? with Murder City Devils in chicago. I went to see Murder City Devils.

That slayer covers record is a waste of time,it's disgraceful in fact.

Alan Remorse said:
i know its probably considered blasphemy by both slayer and hardcore fans alike, but i probably listen to "undisputed attitude" almost as much as i do Reign In Blood.

contraversial?

this is probably a greater blasphomy. slayer bore me. its been done so much by so many bands, become apathetic to that style/sound. just hope at the gates arn't ruined in the same way.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I was refering to Eighteen Visions earlier. I had a Botch 7" that was ok but the lp's did nothing for me. Saw them on the last tour? with Murder City Devils in chicago. I went to see Murder City Devils.

murder city devils were deadly when they supported at the drive-in here. what bands did the join after, besides big business?

xsteox said:
this is probably a greater blasphomy. slayer bore me. its been done so much by so many bands, become apathetic to that style/sound. just hope at the gates arn't ruined in the same way.
try meshuggah instead

new millennium cyanide christ

Among the band's most recognizable qualities are lead guitar player Fredrik Thordendal's smooth, clean, Allan Holdsworth-esque type solos, the churning, dissonant rhythm guitars and the polymetric drum beats. In a typical Meshuggah song drummer Tomas Haake plays two separate rhythms: a standard 4/4 beat with his hands, and a completely different metrical subdivision with his feet. The guitars mostly follow the bass drum work, creating an awkwardly pulsating rhythmic pattern to work as the basis of the song.

To take an example, the main riff of the song New Millennium Cyanide Christ from their 1998 album Chaosphere follows the aforementioned blueprint. Haake beats a rather slow 4/4 rhythm with his hands, while the bass drums and guitars play a repetitive 23/16 rhythm pattern on top of it. As the subdivided pattern is repeated, the pattern's accents shift to different beats on each repetition. After repeating the 23/16 pattern five times, a shorter 13/16 pattern is played once. These patterns sum up to 128 16th notes, which equals exactly 8 measures in 4/4 meter. While obviously not abandoning live drums, a unique decision was made to use programmed drum patterns using the "Drumkit From Hell" sample library on the latest album Catch Thirty-Three to provide not just a more precise and mechanized drumscape to work with, but made drum beat creativity a more collaborative effort amongst all of the band members and cemented the album as one of the bands most complex works to date.

meshuggah are good but at times remind me a little too much of fear factory (which is a very, very bad thing)

that EP they brought out recently was great though... those rhythms at the start are amazing

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
they kinda bore me too,I thought the Zep covers record was entertaing though.
i just love the abraseiveness of their stuff, not an over-reliance on slayer/at the gates riffs, and open-chord beatdowns for heavyness. sean ingrams vocals are superior to 99% all other shouty vocalists i.m.o

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back