Glastonbury 09 (5 Viewers)

Good Jebus, there's some band doing a Springsteen cover now who look like it's the first song they've played at a gig ever - cuckijng shocking

White Lies absolutely butchering Dancing In The Dark. I think the world is starting to pass me by.

It's shocking cos Bloc Party actually sound dangerously contemporary compared to these 2 and the 2 I mentioned earlier. WTF!! :mad:
I turned off after about twenty seconds of Friendly Fires, mumbling to herself about the young folk. Being old is great.

What we need is Steven Wells to write a daily Glastonbury critique somewhere. Oh wait...

Actually the trendy haircut bands weren't the worst, did you hear Paulo Nutini pretending to be Benny Hill doing a West Indian interpretation of Bob Dylan? Just wrong in every single way.

was nice to see someone holding up a picture of Barry in the crowd. It's what he would have wanted.

Also, Lilly Allen was amazing, as was Neilo but thankfully HIS tits weren't nearly falling out. Lady Gaga ruled too imho.

/Commence rant/

BBC's coverage is always more about the presenters then the music which makes no sense seeing as the quality of presenters that they have (Mark Radcliffe aside) is god awful. Edith bowman and the lad she was presenting with didn't seem to have a clue what was going on, Lauren Laverne and her funny voices annoy the shit out of me and Jo Wiley seemed more impresed with the set then anything else going on at the festival.

Neil Young was the headliner on the main stage and basically does a greatest hits set and they show 4 songs, the cunting Tings Tings have one album (I think), all their songs sound the same and are shit and they get a full live 45 minute set?!?!?

Anyways Neil Young rocked more then any of the younglings there, Bloc party ran him close though and The Specials were amazing, BBC 4 actually showed all of their set last night which was an unexpected delight.

Lily Allen's catsuit. I still don't know what to think of it. Part of me wants it to go in the Horn For.. thread and the other wants to claw my eyes out.

I just watched the Script on BBC2. Not my cupa taaaaa but they performed well. Impressed with the drummer, really nice touch on the kit.

I thought she was a bit of a hotmess. But in general, I think Lily is a bit of alright, I must say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back