General election 2020 (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Staff member
Supporter
Since 1999
Threads
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
though.. lemme think.. what block of TDs of between 10 and 15 in number could exist in the dail?
Mightn't necessarily be who you think it is ... my Da was telling me a story at the weekend about a FF cumann meeting in his village back in the day, one of the higher-ups came in to tell the members that they were not to vote for a local independent candidate that always got elected to the council, and they should vote for the party man instead. "Fuck you" was the (literal) response

Cormcolash

Threads
Website
geocities.com
Yeah I think it's most likely a combination of FFers and GPers that switched their vote, and actually I'd say there were probably more FFers behind it. Good old secret ballots!

ann post

Supporter
Threads
I know all the drama was fun and all but the other story in the past 24hrs - I'm not sure if this came from Eamon Muscular Ryan or what.

In case you are wondering NORA is an emergency mechanism that ireland has where we are constantly stockpiling 90 days of oil - so I think this means that any money over the 90 day supply being secure would be going into the climate action fund. The NORA oil is across the board, not just consumer oil, so its a bit like carbon tax, except we are all ready paying it, and also industry are already paying, except it'll get moved places it didn't before.

The government secured “at least” €500 million to the Climate Action Fund last night, which will be pipelined to climate action efforts over the next seven years.

The passing of the National Oil Reserves Agency (NORA) (Amendment) and Provision of Central Treasury Services Bill 2020 yesterday repurposed the agency’s levy of 2 cent per litre which exists mainly for oil products.

The Bill allows for surplus NORA levy funds to be paid directly into the Climate Action Fund. The surplus can only come about once the agency’s financial needs have been met.

ann post

Supporter
Threads
Sure she's only barely a grown-up. Hopefully her interview skillz will improve over time
Yeah i think though the trap is that she's going head to head with people her own age that can hold an interview, or at least appear to. I don't mean to be hard on her either - In general I like her, i like what she stands for. The twitterati have it down to Saoirse vs. Greens/Good vs. Bad already which is just fucking great if you are, say for example, in FF/FG. That was 'the story' for yesterday anyways, while in the background somehow legislation has appeared to at least divert a small bit of our massive state oil spend (see above). One of these things is making good twitter trends and one of them is constructive. Mostly thinking out loud here, she says she's done with politics but I'm not too sure about that just yet, but at the same time if the greens weren't consumed by internal drama they possibly had huge reason to boast yesterday. I need to do little research on the sourcing though...

Cormcolash

Threads
Website
geocities.com
"Greenway" lol, you can cycle along that pathway and then cycle along the canal to Ballybough and then if you want to keep cycling past Croke Park you're probably best taking a gun with you

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Happy Birthday
    Mars in Virgo
    Sneaks
    Happy Birthday

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads