General election 2020 (5 Viewers)

though.. lemme think.. what block of TDs of between 10 and 15 in number could exist in the dail?
Mightn't necessarily be who you think it is ... my Da was telling me a story at the weekend about a FF cumann meeting in his village back in the day, one of the higher-ups came in to tell the members that they were not to vote for a local independent candidate that always got elected to the council, and they should vote for the party man instead. "Fuck you" was the (literal) response

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

25 votes being cast in the opposite direction would have had a different result. that was a lot closer than predicted.

I know all the drama was fun and all but the other story in the past 24hrs - I'm not sure if this came from Eamon Muscular Ryan or what.

In case you are wondering NORA is an emergency mechanism that ireland has where we are constantly stockpiling 90 days of oil - so I think this means that any money over the 90 day supply being secure would be going into the climate action fund. The NORA oil is across the board, not just consumer oil, so its a bit like carbon tax, except we are all ready paying it, and also industry are already paying, except it'll get moved places it didn't before.

The government secured “at least” €500 million to the Climate Action Fund last night, which will be pipelined to climate action efforts over the next seven years.

The passing of the National Oil Reserves Agency (NORA) (Amendment) and Provision of Central Treasury Services Bill 2020 yesterday repurposed the agency’s levy of 2 cent per litre which exists mainly for oil products.

The Bill allows for surplus NORA levy funds to be paid directly into the Climate Action Fund. The surplus can only come about once the agency’s financial needs have been met.

Sure she's only barely a grown-up. Hopefully her interview skillz will improve over time

Yeah i think though the trap is that she's going head to head with people her own age that can hold an interview, or at least appear to. I don't mean to be hard on her either - In general I like her, i like what she stands for. The twitterati have it down to Saoirse vs. Greens/Good vs. Bad already which is just fucking great if you are, say for example, in FF/FG. That was 'the story' for yesterday anyways, while in the background somehow legislation has appeared to at least divert a small bit of our massive state oil spend (see above). One of these things is making good twitter trends and one of them is constructive. Mostly thinking out loud here, she says she's done with politics but I'm not too sure about that just yet, but at the same time if the greens weren't consumed by internal drama they possibly had huge reason to boast yesterday. I need to do little research on the sourcing though...

So it looks like we're never going to mention Stephen Donnelly's oddly shaped head?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My own kind in this case is a the beardy slaphead. You don't want to be pointy on top.

even Sally Rooney has started chiming in on Twitter about it.

Here, has anyone been following the CAP stuff in the EU? The general Green news seems to be that passing it is terrible but it's also super technical and I can't fully follow it. I see people saying things like "this is way more important than Brexit" though.

I don't get why people are piling on the greens over this tbh. I expect them to do fucking everything they can to fix the climate, up to and including making deals with the devil

How does sealing these records help the climate or instil an ounce of trust in them to do anything positive at all?

How does sealing these records help the climate or instil an ounce of trust in them to do anything positive at all?
Giving them the benefit of the doubt you would assume they are getting something in return for this.

I'm not saying we should give them the benefit of the doubt but you'd like to hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back