General election 2020 (5 Viewers)

I think it's hard to unseat a Minister, whoever they may be, there's just a degree of brand recognition when people hit the booths.
For sure
When you can get a government minister to respond to you emails (Hi, Paschal!) it's not something people will readily give up on
Even if you don't usually vote for their stripe, here's a he's-a-son-of-a-bitch-but-he's-ours element to it also

David (Iona) Quinn on twitter earlier musing on what it would be like if John (fucking) Waters ran for office

I suppose to defeat the Healy-Raes and their ilk, and for anything big to happen, what we need is someone with a good record, who can be believed and who is liked, and is in a party that is not dreadful, saying something like this about farmers:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

no big ask.

In Ireland we seem to still think we're under the British yoke and have been electing our own pretend anti-establishment version of Trump since the year dot via enthusiastically voting for criminals in Fianna Fail. No?

In Ireland we seem to still think we're under the British yoke and have been electing our own pretend anti-establishment version of Trump since the year dot via enthusiastically voting for criminals in Fianna Fail. No?

For sure, I've no notion where i posted it but the very concept that we've delayed any budget or political process due to brexit is the rubber stamp on what Ireland actually thinks of itself at present. Its not nice to think about tbh.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Are SF loseing there candidates I think allot went indie in the local elections maybe some in government have switched teams also.

4 retirements - gerry adams, caimghin o'caolin, martin ferris and jonathan o'brien
i'd be surprised if ruairi o'murchu and matt carthy don't win the seats for louth (i think they should retain both louth seats in o'murchu and munster. only had one in cavan-monaghan so should retain and stay) and cavan-monghan, kerry could be a questionable one. ferris was on 12% but then again healy rae's got 40% of the vote in 2016. sf were 2nd in the bye election in the cork seat that obrien is not contesting.

the big one is whether they can keep the kerry seat but 16.67% is needed to be elected there

Last edited:
I wonder how I can communicate to these pricks that I don't want to look at an instagram of their stupid canvassing faces on instagram ever second day for a month without unfollowing them and convincing myself they actually notice this.

I saw them out putting up posters last night. A van driving around, 90's dance music blasting out of it. Three gougers jump out & start attaching posters to lamp posts. I took note of who it was. I'm definitely not voting for him now. Raver scum.

90's dance music eh? I'll always remember "We'll rise and follow Charlie" carried on the air up to our house when the FF street team came to town

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back