General election 2020 (3 Viewers)

@Anthony Unless they've changed the rules since 2014 then according to this your kid should be able to get on the supplemental register provided he gets his application in 15 working days prior to the election

You kind of hate to say it, but voting for Labour isn't the worst of options, where you don't have a decent left candidate to look at

How come the Social Democrats never got traction?

I think Donnolly being so prominent and then fucking off to FF didn't do them much good. I never had time for him. The type of man who wears a "this is what a feminist looks like" t-shirt.

Catherine Murphy is my TD and I'm happy enough to have her representing the constituency but they don't seem to have anyone that gets attention beyond her and Shortall. On the ground around here a lot of the local people on the 8th campaign that had political or canvassing experience were Soc Dem members.

I think Donnolly being so prominent and then fucking off to FF didn't do them much good. I never had time for him. The type of man who wears a "this is what a feminist looks like" t-shirt.

Paints himself as some bold outsider, when he's just another cynic looking for self-advancement

Will probably get in again of course

@Anthony Unless they've changed the rules since 2014 then according to this your kid should be able to get on the supplemental register provided he gets his application in 15 working days prior to the election

This is also worth reading on the subject

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Prediction for here. All a guess though.
Pascal Donohoe(sure thing)
Mary Lou (sure thing)
Mary Fitzpatrick (most likely)
Garry Gannon (possible, came close last time)

Ugh.

How come the Social Democrats never got traction?

Why would the media give any coverage to a party that doesn't operate in their interests?
Most people that vote don't have a clue about shit and just vote the way their family does, vote for people they're mates with, or listen to whatever shit the media peddles them and vote that way.
That's not the country we live in – it's the world we live in.

For those not familiar with her I'd add the disclaimer/background that this lady is from the healy-rea part of the world. She makes the point well tbh.

For those not familiar with her I'd add the disclaimer/background that this lady is from the healy-rea part of the world. She makes the point well tbh.

actually the same person who made this:

Walked by Jack Chambers on the street yesterday. He appeared to be helping an old man walk down the road or something.

God the fucking head on him in person is even worse.

He's tall though so he'll probably be Fianna Fail's Leo in a year or two. Can't wait to have him representing us on the world stage :cautious:

A fucking stupid fucking cunt you've met is still a fucking stupid fucking cunt.

A fucking stupid fucking cunt you've met is still a fucking stupid fucking cunt.
Yeah but a stupid fucking cunt who actually gets money and support into your area is still getting money and support into your area no matter how stupid they are.

Well anyway, is there anyone running in Kerry who it would be better to vote for? (I mean, obviously the answer is anyone but you know what I mean) . Aside from turning up at every funeral and hospitalizing locals what do the Healy Raes do that gets the support out so much?

Catherine Martin from the greens has been brilliant to work with on issues for my kids school, but I fear for her seat, it's a very tough three seater, with two incumbent ministers, Shane Ross and Josepha Madigan.
Catherine's competition will be Neale Richmond, who will benefit hugely, I imagine, from the amount of Brexit media he's done in the last couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back