General election 2020 (4 Viewers)

So, we've voted. one thing I did notice from this election. The lack of canvassing/ people putting litter in the house. Fg came round near the start then nothing, ff came round canvassing once and put leaflet in last night, SF similar, Workers party came around once. Greens just put leaflet in once. No Indy's/Labour/SD/Pbp/Solidarity. More for for last council elections.

have mountains of paper flyers rammed through our letterbox in D9

Busy up in Ballymun this morning around 10am anyway!
Great to hear in the 'mun!
I was the only person in my rural school polling station but they said it was busy. Had to go to Celbridge afterwards and the polling station there had loads of cars toing and froing from it as I passed.
Nice one.

Really interested to see where the left/right vote comes out.
A big turn out gives us a better glimpse.

Big RTE exit poll to be released at 10pm.
Have the kettle on at 9:45!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Surely FF propped up by Greens and/or Labour is also a possibility?

Outside possibility I think but my guess would be about 75 seats for the three, with a socdems, 78 seats so still short by 2.

Bringing independents into it, makes it a bit too cumbersome for it to be anything but a stop gap.

And that is before taking into account any green td who would quit the betterrather than support a ff government (for example, I think saoirse mchugh, if elected would leave)

Again, all just depends on final numbers and the last seats in each constituency can be very marginal.

I think a good few of the projected green seats will be very marginal on the last seat in the constituency.

One positive here with the election, it will end the state funding of Renua as they won't get the 2%

So, we've voted. one thing I did notice from this election. The lack of canvassing/ people putting litter in the house. Fg came round near the start then nothing, ff came round canvassing once and put leaflet in last night, SF similar, Workers party came around once. Greens just put leaflet in once. No Indy's/Labour/SD/Pbp/Solidarity. More for for last council elections.

First time living in town for voting. I only had a leaflet each from ff and sf.

Nothing from any others. I figure it was with the short notice to the election and where I live has 17 houses (but house numbers up to 20) so not a lot of votes when you consider there are more houses in many other places in town. I also figure unless you know the place, you mightm' realise there are houses here (it is across the road from a factory)

I also missed out on the postal things as I am on the supplementary at this address.

Last edited:
so yer man from PBP in galway - is that a first, being suspended from the party on the day of the election?

i kinda know this person. It is so disappointing. the guy has a temper but i'd only ever seen it in the political sphere and i didn't know it had a physical side. Loads of comments saying everyone knew he had a violent temper. I didn't and i went to college with him for a year, i hadn't heard of loads of stuff. anyways literally yesterday I'd have said that he'd be worth a 4/5 on the ballot and here were are, me being wrong.

In less horrible news, loads of posters in mayo have the faces cut out of them, its kinda funny.

Eesh

It is still not safe to date men
Pardon our insanity while we work on this

i kinda know this person. It is so disappointing. the guy has a temper but i'd only ever seen it in the political sphere and i didn't know it had a physical side. Loads of comments saying everyone knew he had a violent temper. I didn't and i went to college with him for a year, i hadn't heard of loads of stuff. anyways literally yesterday I'd have said that he'd be worth a 4/5 on the ballot and here were are, me being wrong.

In less horrible news, loads of posters in mayo have the faces cut out of them, its kinda funny.
I was on a jury with almost this exact situation

That guy is finished

on my work acc I follow a fair few people who's political outlook (conservative, ff or fg only *real* parties type people) and they are sitting up late tweeting about how SF will drop tomorrow when the real count starts. Its one of those reminding me how the other half think things.

Anywhooo transfers round 1 and 2 should be fascinating (to me). uncle travelling matt even had green on his ballot today.

Lefty alliance update: The above numbers give the left parties 41%, they'd need nearly all the indies.

My guess for tomorrow is that the SF transfers in transfer #1 go mostly green initially, and transfer #4 boosts the left 2-3%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back