General election 2020 (4 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A fair point.

I'm gonna vote for Ruth Coppinger, then probably Greens, then probably Sinn Fein. Dunno after that. I can't get a proper handle on the Social Dems, anyone strong for them willing to make the pitch?

So far as I can tell, sound party leader, load of shitheads in the party. Bit like the anti-Greens in that respect.

Jesus Christ don't fucking vote Labour, they're the next biggest DON'T VOTE FOR THESE CUNTS party after FF FG

Left Bloc is impossible without labour on the current numbers, so leaving them, or SF, or GR, or PBP, or SD, or SOL off for 'ethical left' reasons is essentially a vote for a FF or FG led govt. People can vote for who they like, but if they are voting for a left govt by intention, this is the current mathematical reality. Not voting still Effects the maths sadly.

Or we could just wait four years.

giphy.gif

Left Bloc is impossible without labour on the current numbers, so leaving them, or SF, or GR, or PBP, or SD, or SOL off for 'ethical left' reasons is essentially a vote for a FF or FG led govt. People can vote for who they like, but if they are voting for a left govt by intention, this is the current mathematical reality. Not voting still Effects the maths sadly.

giphy.gif

Was listening to the IT politics pod earlier where they interviewed Martin, who is making gooey eyes at labour and the greens. I wonder if how much it'd take for either of them to forget what happened to them previously.

Jesus Christ don't fucking vote Labour, they're the next biggest DON'T VOTE FOR THESE CUNTS party after FF FG
i don't buy this tale that labour are somehow the devil incarnate.
it's always the job of the smaller party to take the rap for the bigger parties' sins, and labour made the mistake of a) being the smaller party, b) being the smaller party to the party which was the cause of the economic shitshow we had ten years ago, and c) being the smaller party during that shitshow itself. so they get blamed for austerity measures, more so than FF.

it's always the job of the smaller party to take the rap for the bigger parties' sins, and labour made the mistake of a) being the smaller party, b) being the smaller party to the party which was the cause of the economic shitshow we had ten years ago, and c) being the smaller party during that shitshow itself. so they get blamed for austerity measures, more so than FF.
Joan Burton and Alan Kelly's behaviour shows just how far to the right they have swung. They can't be considered part of a true labour movement.

Was listening to the IT politics pod earlier where they interviewed Martin, who is making gooey eyes at labour and the greens. I wonder if how much it'd take for either of them to forget what happened to them previously.

It would take nothing. As Eamon Ryan sorta (paraphrasing here) said, he wants to get as much done in as little time possible and he can only do this from the majority bench, which is fair enough, you kinda just live once.

Yeah eh I think Labour get loads of stick about that because their party leader at the time, who was Tanaiste and is an absolute horrible cunt, spent her entire tenure defending every single austerity measure they put in to the hilt. And guess what, she's still in the fucking party, and is one of the most absolute weapon cunts in Irish politics.

joan-burton-17-5-752x501.jpg

giphy.gif

Left Bloc is impossible with Labour, because Labour aren't left any more.

It would take nothing. As Eamon Ryan sorta (paraphrasing here) said, he wants to get as much done in as little time possible and he can only do this from the majority bench, which is fair enough, you kinda just live once.
Yeah in fairness to him he says he will go into coalition with literally everyone and anyone. God, imagine the National Party did well.

Left Bloc is impossible with Labour, because Labour aren't left any more.

That is a pretty glib approach and you know what the outcome will be from it. Labour don't resemble a shred of what they were set up for, I've got zero argument with that, all I can see is that there is a bit of a hope of getting some amazing people from SD, a few good SF's, Greens, PBPs, independents actually forming a government and being a little bitch about 5 or 6 red seats being the only thing between us and that. I don't think they are left, i think they will prop up left though if it becomes possible. If i was in that ward I'd be giving her 5/6 in the hope that the other 4 there on the left get over the line, if they don't then its FFG anyways and whoever props them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back