General election 2020 (2 Viewers)

What is with all these fucking headbangers that keep popping up these days?

Seriously,why are they all so fucking mental? Is it facebook?

She is clearly having a mental breakdown in public. I have a feeling in 20 years we’re going to be looking back at these stories of people in crisis and how they are treated by the news, Twitter, and forums and think that we let these people down. That said, I don’t know how you help them when they are also clearly not aware of their mental state and not seeking help.

so hold on, he wants a new monarchy, just for the Loyalists up north?

That's a new one.

What's the crack with demanding The Right To Marry? I'm trying to work that one out.

Does he think that people no longer have the right to marry now, because divorce exists? As in, does this mean that the definition of marriage has changed with the advent of divorce, and therefore doesn't exist any more?

Those are some interesting ideas.

edit: so basically, I can be the King of The Loyalists? Would he be in charge of that? Do you get a gaff? Do you have to listen to loyalists though? Best I can do is a christmas message for them once a year. But they're not allowed talk to me.

I think it's the same monarchy as the brits but only for those in Ireland who want it. He says a United Kingdom and a United Ireland. So it's a United Ireland but the loyalists will still have the Queen as their figurehead. I think the rest of us have to make do with the pope then as ours. It's all a little too binary for my liking but at least he's trying.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

there is.
4.—(1) Subject to subsections (4) and (5), any person may arrest without warrant anyone who is or whom he or she, with reasonable cause, suspects to be in the act of committing an arrestable offence.
(2) Subject to subsections (4) and (5), where an arrestable offence has been committed, any person may arrest without warrant anyone who is or whom he or she, with reasonable cause, suspects to be guilty of the offence.

I could be completely wrong, but I always assumed that the principle of "citizens arrest" existed to give you cover from charges of unlawful detention/false imprisonment if say you were to catch someone breaking into your house/car/whatevers and you sit on them until the cops arrive.

That clown yesterday seemed to be treating as if it's some parallel legal system-right to citizens arrest someone so you could take them to citizens court and bang them up in citizens prison... "Well Guard, I'm just going to citizens arrest you now" like wtf did she think was going to happen next?

will be interesting to see the dynamic if the government lasts that long. varadkar was probably delighted when FF agreed to take the reins during covid, and has quietly undermined them ever since. but he has to be cognisant that he couldn't do too effective a job, because he needs the government to last to be able to retake the reins.
FF won't have that concern, they've nothing to lose in sticking the knife into FG once the change of power happens.

will be interesting to see the dynamic if the government lasts that long. varadkar was probably delighted when FF agreed to take the reins during covid, and has quietly undermined them ever since. but he has to be cognisant that he couldn't do too effective a job, because he needs the government to last to be able to retake the reins.
FF won't have that concern, they've nothing to lose in sticking the knife into FG once the change of power happens.

at that point they’ll probably be too busy sticking knives into each other

I think I said this also over on the brexit thread, but this by-election also foreshadows it: it’s quite possible that in the next couple of years, we will see the collapse of the two most successful political-patronage institutions in the last fifty years of Irish history: Fianna Fail and the DUP

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back