General Election 2011 (1 Viewer)

Re: General Election 2011 (was: Boards.ie Voting Poll)

Thing about the islands is a lot of folks who are of parenting or college age wouldnt be able to take a day or two off work at the minute to go home and vote as quite a lot work mon/friday off island (or at least the islanders i know).
pensioners and a few on the dole would have been able. If it had been a saturday/sunday it would have been a bit more represented.

I'd just like to say that RTÉ and Independent News & Media should be shut down. They have a completely pro Fine Gael agenda. It's disgusting to hear these so-called journalists on The Eleventh Hour attempt to steer the public's opinion toward Fine Gael by spewing absolute lies. Their buildings should be burned to the fucking ground for such an affront to journalism. And while we're at it, George Hook should be set on fire too.

Jesus. My blood is boiling.

I think in the RTE case, they may have resisted for a minute or two, but being a bunch of gombeens won in the end.

the meeting was something like this i would imagine:

COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF PARTIES WHO ARENT FIANNA FAIL AND ARE UNLIKELY TO CUT OUR SALARIES:

fine geal.​

jdghf.jpg

Re: Boards.ie Voting Poll

Also, is anyone on thumped a lifelong party faithful type?? Like no matter what the fuck happens you'll vote the same crowd in every time round because they are your cousins or something??

I've voted Emmett Stag #1 in every election I've voted in (save for the McCreevy bye-election when he wasn't running) and I intend to vote for him again tomorrow, it's not because I'm a labour supporter or a particular fans of his personally but I've always considered him and them to be the least worst option, in the past I might have connsidered giving the greens a vote had they run a credible candidate but not now. In fact after all the posturing from Sargent about not leading them into governement in FF they lost me as soon as he resigned and followed them in. The current crop will be annihilated and there may be some redemption in the shape of who in the party replaces them as their leadership in the future.

As for independants, I'd sooner vote for one that has some smarts and an eye on big picture stuff than someone who wants roads, or to keep a hospital open or the like. I might have considered voting for Catherine Murphy #1 this time around but then I saw the phrase "fair deal for Kildare" on her literature, she'll probably get 2/3 from me still. If I were in Dub SE or Dub South I'd consider giving a high preference vote to someone like Sommerville or Ross even though their most natural fit politically is FG and I really wouldn't want them as a single party government. I could live with a Fitzgerald style FG maybe, but not what it is now.

As for Kenny, people are down on him because they think he's boring or unimaginative but I'll give him credit for getting his party to the point where it is now after the disaster they had in 2002, and he did outsmart the supposed braintrust of the party when they tried to oust him last year.

Also, Leo Varadaker is the devil.

Has anyone figured out what constituency Mickey Rourke is running in yet?

As for Kenny, people are down on him because they think he's boring or unimaginative but I'll give him credit for getting his party to the point where it is now after the disaster they had in 2002

He's like that guy who won gold in one in the ice skating events at the last winter olympics after being way at the back when someone up the front fell and took most of the field down with him.

And while we're at it, George Hook should be set on fire too.

That's future senator George Hook to you pal.

Actually, Newstalk's "without the state run spin" ads are really winding me up. They've got Hook there in the afternoons who was Kenny's warm up act at a rally recently and at breakfast they've got that fucking bookie who used to be a FG TD.

Future senator in the Seanad FG are saying they're planning on abolishing?

Yep, but they can't just roll in to the Dail and abolish it, it would require a constitutional amendment and a referendum to do so (for what it's worth I'm not sure abolishing it is the best idea, I'd reform it, give it stronger powers, have some of it's membership be directly elected by universal suffrage, on a list system.) When FG (and labour?) walk on to the government benches next week they'll be obliged to hold senate elections within 90 days of the last Dail's dissolution and Kenny will have to appoint 11 people to it. If Bertie can appoint Eoghan Harris I'd be far from shocked if Hook ended up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back