General Election 2011 (1 Viewer)

Re: Boards.ie Voting Poll

This gay marriage thing is silly, its not anti-gay to be opposed to gay marriage if you think that marriage is about having children and not an expression of your luurve for some young wan/lad. She's probably opposed to sterile couples and the elderly marrying too but she doesn't have them galloping all over her facebook page on their high horses

This gay marriage thing is silly, its not anti-gay to be opposed to gay marriage if you think that marriage is about having children and not an expression of your luurve for some young wan/lad

I'd forward the argument that if you are opposed to something, then you don't do it, and just let other people do it if they want because they aren't you.

She's probably opposed to sterile couples and the elderly marrying too but she doesn't have them galloping all over her facebook page on their high horses
she would if she was stupid enough to say it in public

This gay marriage thing is silly, its not anti-gay to be opposed to gay marriage if you think that marriage is about having children and not an expression of your luurve for some young wan/lad. She's probably opposed to sterile couples and the elderly marrying too but she doesn't have them galloping all over her facebook page on their high horses

Is the main reason not something to do with the economics of, for example, state benefits and all sorts of long term legal problems that might arise if the union is not officially recognised by the government? You can't actually say that marriage is only about having children if it affects you legally, financially and.... other words like that.

So what I'm saying is that it's pretty ludicrous to even think that such a position can exist.

I'm on the sides of teh gayz myself although they obviously tend to overreact to things !baggyyyy

Is the main reason not something to do with the economics of, for example, state benefits and all sorts of long term legal problems that might arise if the union is not officially recognised by the government? You can't actually say that marriage is only about having children if it affects you legally, financially and.... other words like that.

So what I'm saying is that it's pretty ludicrous to even think that such a position can exist.

I'm on the sides of teh gayz myself although they obviously tend to overreact to things !baggyyyy

The position as I understand it, is that the straights are prepared to offer civil partnerships with all the legal and state benefits etc.
The gays want nothing less than full equality. Anything less than a recognition of their right to marry is de facto discrimination.

Personally I'm against anyone getting married. I've seen about 10 rotten ones for every decent one. But I can't argue with the logic presented by the gays.

The position as I understand it, is that the straights are prepared to offer civil partnerships with all the legal and state benefits etc.
The gays want nothing less than full equality. Anything less than a recognition of their right to marry is de facto discrimination.

yes, I'm pretty sure it's the most common opinion among people with a brain. No matter how you justify it (what's 'natural' and all that jazz) it's discrimination, for better or for worse.

If marriage is SOLELY a church thing then the church gets to decide if gay marriage is allowed IMHO

Personally I'm against anyone getting married. I've seen about 10 rotten ones for every decent one. But I can't argue with the logic presented by the gays.

Yes, well, that's a whole different thing. I'm personally opposed to happiness.

If marriage is SOLELY a catholic and/or church thing then the church gets to decide if gay marriage is allowed IMHO

The church depends on the state in a lot of matters and if public opinion continues to turn in favour of full equality, pressure could be brought to bear.
Discrimination is discrimination, I don't care how old your club is.

Obviously this is unlikely to happen til you're a horrendous looking wreck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back